PDA

View Full Version : Pain in the ass

atom1414
03-02-2004, 06:54 AM
So Ive been driving my 3gee since last april. the only thing that has really gone wrong with it was I needed to change the front rotors. well this winter I have been hearing another sound coming from the front right wheel well. I figured it was the struts, sounded just like it. So I bought 4 new tokico struts for my car. I had brought to this honda place because I dont know enough about cars to do it myself, they replaced the back 2 then they told me that both front coils were broken. They wouldve charged me $126 for stock coils. I needed some new parts fast because it was getting really bad, so I didnt have any time to wait for new lowering springs (which would not be good where I live). so I just got some from napa for $85. took it back the next day and they finished putting in all the struts. Then on my way to work that day the noise was not gone, it was still there, getting louder with every bump. I took it to a local garage the other day and asked him to fix it. Apparently the ball join was fucked and the bushing were shit.
But now it all sounds fine.
I spent approx $816 fixing that stupid shit.

HostileJava
03-02-2004, 09:26 AM
That sux man, but you should have just taken it to the garage in the first place and had them diagnose the problem if you don't know enough about cars to figure it out. At least you have new struts and springs now. Think of it this way though, it's still cheaper then insurance and car payments on a new car.

MrBen
03-02-2004, 11:42 AM
Been there done that. Pain in the ASS.

Blue Impact
03-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Hey, don't feel bad. It took me almost a year and half to figure out that my lower balljoint was f*cked up and I did spend over $600 trying to fix something that could've been fixed for less than $50 if I did it myself. :D This was when I still had the 3G Accord though.

Justin86
03-02-2004, 01:35 PM
yep the good old trial and error process; its like life, its a bitch.