PDA

View Full Version : Weber Questions

HondaManDan
03-02-2004, 02:18 PM
Hey, I haven't been on the site very much lately. So all these new changes are baffling.. lol.

I was thinking about doing a weber conversion to my little 88 LX. I was just wondering what carb would be the best bet? I was thinking of either doing an inline four single barrel deal.. or twin dual barrels. I just dont know which will give me the best bang for the buck. I've gone to weber.com and i cant find much info on the carbs. Just prices. :werd:

Thanks a lot.

k-roy
03-03-2004, 12:58 AM
If you want easy go with the 32/36 DGV.

Once you get into some more serious modifications like header, exaughst, headwork, ignition then the WEber 38mm is a better option.

Both the 32/36 and the 38mm use the same adaptor plate, it should be listed on that site.

Then there is the DCOE series, thats a lot more work and will not give you the greatest increase in power on a stock engine. You will need to custom make an intake manifold for that one.

HondaManDan
03-03-2004, 02:58 PM
so with an adapter plate will it bolt right up to the stock A20A1 manifold? I've already upgraded the ignition with a Super Coil and Iridium plugs... they're gapped a little bigger than stock. Also, what kind of power gains will this give me? and what kinds of things will need to be changed? Would i need to do any fuel work or timing work as well? thanks

HondaManDan
03-03-2004, 03:09 PM
I found a kit here and it's only about 360 bucks... However, it says it's for the LX with a Manual Transmission. Does this mean I cant use it with a stock automatic? Or is there something to do with vaccum lines and what not that would cause the auto to flub up?

http://www.carbs.net/weber/Dataresults3.asp?Kit_Nbr=K728&Model=ACCORD