PDA

View Full Version : Some idea's.

zerotap
03-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Ok, I am getting ideas together for my amp and sub setup in my trunk. I know I am going to do a false bottom for the back because I still want to have access to my spare tire. I plan on one or two 10's or 12's, and amp to push the cd player, and one for the subs. I'm also going to have a cd changer that will be able to play burnt cd's. The question is what to get that won't be overkill for my cd player. I got a panasonic that has mp3, wma playback with 4x50watt. When I set evertyhing up in the trunk I want it to be nice and clean and not overkill. So if those who know what brands will work good with what I am thinking about some ideas would be appreciated. My budget for this will be around $600 which is more than doable with ebay and me making the false bottom and what not myself. Only thing I will have done that I can't do is have my car stereo guy hook the shit up, I am going to set it up to be ready to be hooked up.

sccrsteve5
03-02-2004, 09:58 PM
there really isn't anything to hooking it up...just gotta run the wires...not hard at all... for your budget i would into maybe a w7 or l7...or earlier models possibly with a profile amp....my current set-up for about $150 is a power acoustik LT980/2 and an RFP3812...poor sub but it still sounds good...i'm waiting for my audiobahn to come in...i had two twelves and they fit in the trunk nicely sealed...can't go ported with them really with the limited space involved...can port 2 10's possibly but i don't understand what u are doing with ur "false bottom". for $600 you can get an awesome set-up that can be heard and felt from far away...good luck with it...i screwed myself with my first set up and am hurting now...another helpful choice is www.sounddomain.com thats where i learned everything...many ppl shall bring on other set ups for you...pick the one that suits you best---peace

zerotap
03-03-2004, 09:00 AM
The false bottom will be to mount the subs, amps, and the cd changer. I still want access to my spare tire so I do not want to mess with that space. I've heard a lot about audiobahn I'm gonna look into those. Thanks for the input.
there really isn't anything to hooking it up...just gotta run the wires...not hard at all... for your budget i would into maybe a w7 or l7...or earlier models possibly with a profile amp....my current set-up for about $150 is a power acoustik LT980/2 and an RFP3812...poor sub but it still sounds good...i'm waiting for my audiobahn to come in...i had two twelves and they fit in the trunk nicely sealed...can't go ported with them really with the limited space involved...can port 2 10's possibly but i don't understand what u are doing with ur "false bottom". for $600 you can get an awesome set-up that can be heard and felt from far away...good luck with it...i screwed myself with my first set up and am hurting now...another helpful choice is www.sounddomain.com thats where i learned everything...many ppl shall bring on other set ups for you...pick the one that suits you best---peace

Hash_man_Se_i
03-03-2004, 09:40 PM
OK, so you want to spend $600 USD on the entire system (deck, changer, sub, amp)?

am I right?

Well it really depends what you are going for.. if you want sound quality, then I have heard that audiobahns are not very good for that... so please tell us what you want, and maybe what kind of music you listen to, so that we can help a bit more.

zerotap
03-03-2004, 10:50 PM
I allready have the deck. The budget will be for speakers, amps, sub or subs, and possibly cd changer. I listen to a lot of techno, some rap, and a station here called 96.5 krock (basically bunch of rock from 80's,90s, and today). Since I only have a 50x4 deck I just don't want to go overkill. I'll make everything and have it ready to hook up and have my car stereo guy wire it up for me. He's doing my new alarm I'm putting in in a couple weeks and hooking everthing up once I get it set up.

sccrsteve5
03-04-2004, 02:53 PM
i would say go with one sub and one amp because one sub sounds just about the same as 2 and u can get better quality with that one instead of 2...maybe try the RF HX2, a w7, l7(or earlier models of either of the last two) for subs and an RF amp or Power Acoustik...i like my PA amp and i loved my RF amp but i over played my small RF amp and it blew the fuse and i needed more power so i sold that one...but Kicker, Phoenix Gold, RF, maybe Audiobahn(not sure), JBL, JL, and Profile are good-great amps...check 'em all out. some others will tell u what they think about these...i will check back on sunday with this and help out some more if i can....right now i am leaving for a 2 day golf tournament in El Paso, TX. Painted Dunes...quite the tough course...and there is a blizzard halfway there but oh well not my thread and sorry for puttin that piece in--peace

zerotap
03-06-2004, 05:22 AM
sccrsteve5,

I think I am agreeing with you on just one sub. I'll shop around and check out consumer electronics reviews as well as see what my car stereo guy has available at his shop. I'm clueless on amps so I'll probly be doing a bit of research before I purchase. None of this stuff will happen for a few months, but that will give me time to research. Good luck on the golf.