PDA

View Full Version : Paul's Gauge Faces

mattalica
03-02-2004, 09:31 PM
How do I print them in the right size or is he still selling them?Any help would be great as my cpu is slowly taking a shit on me and my printer is down!If some one can send them in the right size to [email protected] or give me deyailed instructions that would be great! :cheers:

HondaBoy
03-02-2004, 09:38 PM
when i printed them out, they were a bit too big i think. i could have taken more time and made them nicer so the lighted up from behind. i had to take them out though because i could see the original lighted numbers through the back. i really dont know exactly how to get them perfectly sized. unless it says the dimensions. you can set those in the settings where you print them from. like if you copy and paste them like i did.

accordlxi2.0
03-03-2004, 04:19 PM
what gauge's . . . ?
never mind i printed out some too, im gonna see if they're the right size.
i think it would be hard to see when the dash light s are on.

SteveDX89
03-03-2004, 04:54 PM
The illumination on your gauges doesn't come from behind. There are lights above the gauge cluster that shine down and light up the gauge faces. This is what will light Paul's faces. Some people have pulled those lights out and put in a black light and it looks good. If you downloaded the bitmaps and not jpegs, they should be the right size when you open them.

accordlxi2.0
03-03-2004, 04:56 PM
they're too big.
and i took the front light's out look's to old fashioned.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
03-05-2004, 01:58 PM
The gauges should be the correct size. There were some initial problems with gauge sizing, however it was fixed a long time ago. You may want to check your printer settings to make sure that the software isn't resizing the images before printing.

jayp6969
03-05-2004, 04:11 PM
didnt have 2 resize here...

*edited* Picture doesn't load, popup box kept appearing

accordlxi2.0
03-05-2004, 07:47 PM
does that look real once u put everything back together?
i would like the real thing cause like i said i took off the front light's in the dash.

extinctaccord
05-20-2004, 05:21 AM
how do u take the plastic piece off to get to the gauges???

thanks

ivanfbi
05-20-2004, 07:43 AM
I opened them with a Microsoft paint and printed them, they came out in right size. Try that

cvergi01
05-20-2004, 08:06 AM
how do u take the plastic piece off to get to the gauges???

thanks

It's on the same page or somewhere on the site

unc25
05-20-2004, 08:43 AM
I got them loaded already if you would like me to just send them to your email..
I just finished putting them on last night...Perfect fit.

extinctaccord
05-20-2004, 11:19 AM
i still couldnt find out how to get the plastic off to get to the gauges....if anybody knows please help......and for the gauges my email is [email protected]

thanks

unc25
05-21-2004, 07:02 AM
I will send them to you tomorrow...The computer that I am on now, sux donkey balls.
Did you take the whole thing out of the car? If not, then do so. There should be obvious clips that need to be pushed down in order to get it off.

SephirXV
05-24-2004, 09:35 PM
i still couldnt find out how to get the plastic off to get to the gauges....if anybody knows please help...

I tore my entire gauge cluster out to measure the sizes of each gauge. It was awhile back, and I'm not looking at my car this second, so forgive if I miss anything, but you should be able to figure it out.

First, undo the screw(s) on the upper dash, ie between the gauges and the windshield. Then, pop out the cruise button, the rear defrost/gauge brightness/whatever else, and any other things in between. Behind each is a screw. When you go to pull off the outer dash panel, it will need to be wiggled all over to slip past the windshield.
After that, I decided that it would be a hell of a lot easier to pull the cluster and put it together in the house, especially for anyone wanting to change the lights or unhook any of them. Finding the screws to the cluster shouldn't be too hard, just don't get them all mixed up, there's a lot before you're all done. When finallally pulling out, the speed cable can be tricky, but don't worry, it's twice as hard to get back on. If this isn't enough, let me know, I'll actually look at my car to remember.

To get my prints the right sizes, I just made a Word document. Anyone who wants that or just the sizes PM me or email [email protected].