PDA

View Full Version : No sound to mids, but there is sound to woofers

89AcCOrDmike
03-03-2004, 08:47 AM
well today I installed my ps2 and long story short i forgot to unplug a live wire and it smoked all over my car and i blew a few fuses. Well i got all those fixed, and now my mids aren't playing. They are running straight off of the head unit and not an external amp, and my head unit fires up fine and my subs are hitting, but I don't understand why my mids aren't playing.....if you have ANY ideas at all please let me know! thanks!

also....the live wire was from my old dvd player i unplugged, what caused it to go crazy? :bow:

SteveDX89
03-03-2004, 09:11 AM
It's possible that you blew your head unit's internal amp.

HostileJava
03-03-2004, 09:59 AM
I would say it's very possible u took out the transistors in the amp section of the HU. Im sure u didn't want to hear that but that's the most likely situation.

shepherd79
03-03-2004, 10:03 AM
i have to agree, it fried your HU. the best thing right now is to get external amp and see if the speakers will work through preoutputs.
what kind HU do you have? what is the model?

SteveDX89
03-03-2004, 11:26 AM
Do what Alex said. If the speakers work fine using an external amp, your head unit amp is definitely fried. You should have unhooked your battery but hindsight is 20/20. Hope you can it fixed.

HostileJava
03-03-2004, 11:34 AM
I would imagine your preouts shoud be fine especially since the sub preouts work. But you never know.

Bloodlust
03-03-2004, 11:53 AM
Not to follow the bandwagon but its definietely your HU that is fried. It is unlikely that the mid drivers in your speakers were damaged, but then again the best way to make sure your speakers werent fried is to power them with an external amp and see if they work.

89AcCOrDmike
03-03-2004, 02:22 PM
alright thanks guys, i think i still have warranty on the headunit so i'll see if i can get a new one....as far as having the negative unplugged from the battery i had done that while i was installing the ps2, but the problem was when i hooked the negative back up, then unplugged the power wire from my dvd player....the wire got red hot and started smoking everywhere, any idea why that would happen?? thanks again guys wish me luck on the exchange, either that or i'm gonna be out about 200 bucks

shepherd79
03-03-2004, 02:26 PM
well something is wrong with the plug. did you wire it right? may be it is not big enought.