PDA

View Full Version : Need Stereo Help,......AGAIN!

Jdub07
07-10-2002, 08:22 AM
Here's the deal. Stereo hooked up to amp worked great for over a month. Then one day the amp shuts off when in Stereo mode and come back on in CD mode. WHY ALL THE SUDDEN? Then just yesterday I get in and boom boom boom in Stereo mode amp is doing great,....then about 2 min. later shuts off again!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I put it in CD mode and boom boom boom. WHAT IN THE FUCK. Ground is good and I can't find a reset button on the deck anywhere or in the manual!!!!!!!!!!??!? I do have a M-1000 left over from the 4th. Maybe if I install that on the deck and like the bitch up.....at least there would be a big boom! help me I'm just not having any luck with my audio. Should I just uninstall the stereo and reinstall it. I disconected my battary about a week ago and this started happening only after I reconnected it. :burn:

shepherd79
07-11-2002, 10:55 PM
what size are your power and ground?
one of the reason is that your amp overheating and shuts off till it cools down.
make sure you are running right size wires for it.
what kind HU do you have? made and model?

pimp86LX
07-11-2002, 11:02 PM
..thats odd...is the switchin mechinism between Stereo and CD usually an IC??
most HU's now are all digital logic right?
cause if its not it could be a bad solder connectoin inside your HU....recheck all yur wires

i'm just speakin outta my ass, don't listen, lol :D

Jdub07
07-12-2002, 08:35 AM
The gauge is correct for the wires...beleive it or not the remote wire was a little loose from the H/U to the amp. I fixed that and it seemed to fix the problem. Still has me stumped as to why cd would work and not stereo...the remote wire from my understanding does the same thing for both. weird