PDA

View Full Version : No more pinstripe! (Civic)

shane_lxi
03-03-2004, 10:44 PM
Hey, I took the advice of everyone I know, including my parents, and many members of 3geez, and I have removed the pinstripe. It turns out, it was just a vinyl stick on type of pinstripe, and was easily removed with a hair dryer, and ten minutes of my time :D. I also got new wheels. 17" Quantum Teks. Very light for a cheaper wheel, and very nice :D. I love the look of a grey wheel with a white car. There are some who say it looks ghey, but I just like it myself. I plan on lowering it next wednesday, I just ordered in a sportline (Eibach) 1.6" performance lowering kit (Payed up the wazzoo to get ahold of it) and I also ordered in my rear camber kit. I am trying to see how I can also get some Koni's for it, but so far no luck, at least through schwabb's, unless I wanna pay for shipping from Cali, which is expensive for Employees :P. Well, here they are, just like four pics I think :D.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/510000-510999/510445_9_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/510000-510999/510445_10_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/510000-510999/510445_11_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/510000-510999/510445_12_full.jpg

Can you believe I just gave this thing a bath 3 days ago?! It's been rainy here for like three months, I can't keep a white car clean in this type of weather, I wish it were black. But then in the summer months it would get all dusty, I just can't win :P. Anyways, yeah, sorry about the mess. The other thing I am planning on doing is paint the calipers, and drums either red, or grey like the wheels, I can't decide which yet, help me out here!

cdscowboy
03-04-2004, 12:19 AM
I'd say red. Oh, and if you won't want to ever have to wash your car, paint it a medium-light brown :D

Coroncho80
03-04-2004, 05:09 AM
Cool man; now get rid of those taillights! :D

shane_lxi
03-04-2004, 08:53 AM
lol. I am gonna smoke them next payday. They will be nearly completely balck :D. That's the tail light plan.

crwa
03-04-2004, 02:41 PM
Its called gunmetal... not grey!!!

AccordArizona89
03-04-2004, 03:30 PM
theres exatly 6 kids with the same euros on civics at my skool . crazy

shane_lxi
03-04-2004, 10:17 PM
Yeah, I hate the euros. And uh, yeah, around here, crwa, we call people like you neubees! or newbies if you will. People who correct others about things that they purchased out of catalogs, with the title 'Grey Quantum Tek SO-2' written next too it. The same wheel comesi n a gunmetal, it has a gold chipping in it. I would appreciate it if you would shut your mouth, and think about who you are 'correcting' next time you open your mouth, or butthole, I don't know what end you Retard speak out of :P. Seriously, I know the difference between a gunmetal, and grey wheel. I am virtually kicking the crap out of you!!

MrBen
03-04-2004, 10:49 PM
Nice car, I see potential in it. Those civics sure have maintained their coolness for the past 11 years.

shane_lxi
03-04-2004, 10:59 PM
Thanks ghetto, always appreciate your impute. I still need to fix the hood latch cable (snapped a while back so the hood won't latch) My muffler will be here tomorrow, and I am getting it lowered next wednesday :D. It's all coming together. Tell me though, should I actually replace the cable (about 4 hours of work :P) or hsould I just put in hood pins. I don't know if they would look good on a civic though. Give me j00guyses opinion, except you CRWA, your input means nothing to me :P.

crwa
03-04-2004, 11:18 PM
Wow... Somebody havin a bad day? So I was wrong, they look gunmetal in the picture... Don't call me a newbie either, who has more posts here, me or you...

MrBen
03-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Hood pins look good on some civics. I saw a silver civic with carbon fiber hood with pins and it was really nice. On your car though, I'd just do the cable for the time being until you figure out what it is you want to do with you car. It isn't heavily modded so people might think your car is a POS whos hood cable broke and was too lazy to fix it. See what I'm getting at?

BTW I like the rims on your white car, and I have neeeever said that I've liked the grey wheels on any car.

blazin3gen
03-05-2004, 01:34 AM
damn shane its lookin damn good, the new rims are killer!! sweet!

good job man!

Cheeseburger
03-05-2004, 07:12 AM
it looks good and what Cdscowboy is true. my car is ligth brown and it always looks clean.

shane_lxi
03-05-2004, 08:05 AM
lol, I am NOT going to paint it light brown :barf:, lol. Thank you for the suggestion however :D. Yeah, sorry CWRA, what I meant was that was the type of thing a newbie woud say, lol. I am sorry that I went crazy on your ass though, I was having a bad day. I didn't mean to be THAT much of a jackass :P. Yeah, I'ma gonna wait till sunday, then I'm going to fix the hood latch.

my86dx4dr
03-05-2004, 12:12 PM
lol, I am NOT going to paint it light brown :barf:, lol. Thank you for the suggestion however :D. Yeah, sorry CWRA, what I meant was that was the type of thing a newbie woud say, lol. I am sorry that I went crazy on your ass though, I was having a bad day. I didn't mean to be THAT much of a jackass :P. Yeah, I'ma gonna wait till sunday, then I'm going to fix the hood latch.
damn shane, i since a little hostility in this thread :tongue:
crwa is a good guy he was just saying he thought they were gunmettles...
why dont ya beat him down with a baseball bat! oh wait....ya just did!
LOL ........ :D :tongue:

shane_lxi
03-05-2004, 01:50 PM
lol, no, he didn't just say he thought they were gunmetal, he corrected me in saying 'it's not grey, it GUNMETAL!!!', like he knew better then me, which he didn't :P. Anyhow, it's over, I am sorry CRWA, now let's get back to the matter at hand, lol :D.

A Dawg Jr
03-05-2004, 02:38 PM
Get some day pics.. It looks good though! And deffinitally don't get hood pins.. that's more of a american muscle thing that I think a few rice boys picked up.

my86dx4dr
03-05-2004, 03:01 PM
lol, no, he didn't just say he thought they were gunmetal, he corrected me in saying 'it's not grey, it GUNMETAL!!!', like he knew better then me, which he didn't :P. Anyhow, it's over, I am sorry CRWA, now let's get back to the matter at hand, lol :D.
fysty little fucker today arnt'cha :tongue:
j/k

NXRacer
03-05-2004, 03:35 PM
Get some day pics.. It looks good though! And deffinitally don't get hood pins.. that's more of a american muscle thing that I think a few rice boys picked up.
i dont see why hood pins are an american only thing. They just help you get into the engine bay easier (which usually means its easier to break into. esp with civics).

I wouldnt go with hood pins yet because the way your car is now, it would just be more rice then it already is. I'd concentrate on getting the stuff that needs to be fixed and upgrading things before you go with hood pins. You'll get a lot less shit for it if you do.

just my $.02

i.c.
03-05-2004, 07:48 PM
looks good man......still not a civic fan but at least you have something to roll in :)

shane_lxi
03-05-2004, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I still liked my 3g alot better, but I needed a car quick, and I bought this '93 Civic for $2300, which IMO isn't a bad price for any car of that year, much less a relatively nice looking import. So, I went with the Civic, rather then buy another 3g, but now I wish I had just bought a 3g, and fixed it up all good :(, a well, whatcha gonna do?

iloveJDMblackrims69
03-08-2004, 06:04 PM
hey man im also lowerin my civic but on nuespeed sports and i also want koni shocks. 17s is the way to go on any civic and try to find some stock tails.... andyways nice man! good idea to buy the rear camber kit too, itll save your tires in a long run

shane_lxi
03-09-2004, 08:32 AM
I don't like stock tails. But I HATE altezza's on most cars. IMO, straight red or black is the way to go with tailights. I also like the JDM red and white ones (the ones with red on the bottom and white on the top), but too many people have those nowadays, so I am just gonna go straight black, only like 3 people in my town have straight black tails on their vehicles. (3g, 6th gen Civic, '99 Eclipse). It'll look good really quick :D. I wil hopefully do the tails by the time I take the pics of the lowering kit on the car. Also, next month, or if I have enough money this upcoming payday, I am going to start doing the interior in black and white. I am gonna use vinyl paint for the plastic and rubber interior parts, and white vinyl for the fabric on the dorr panels. I have some racing seats at my sister's house (off brand) that are black and leather that are going in, and the rear seat might be coming out for a big ass sub box soon, so I am either gonna tear it out, or get it reupholstered. All of this should be done in like 3 to 4 months now. :D. I am soo excited, I am making much better progress with this car then I did with my 3g. Of course, right when it was all coming together, taht old bitch killed it. :(, whatchu gonna do though.