PDA

View Full Version : sound of my car

86ACRDLX
03-03-2004, 10:51 PM
im short on cash until next week, so i was wondering what is a good and cheap way to make my car sound a little tougher.?? my friend has a prelude, and he took off the tube that runs down to the bumper as the air intake, and he ran some pvc pipe straight to the grill and put on a thing filter at the tip, im not sure what he put but it looked thin like pantyhose,(probably whatit was cuz he wouldnt tell me). anyway.... his sounds tougher but it sounds too loud like an old muscle car rather than a loud tone. so any homemade tips of how to do this????

Elijah
03-03-2004, 10:55 PM
r u carb or efi?

86ACRDLX
03-03-2004, 11:02 PM
im a carb. why???

Elijah
03-03-2004, 11:17 PM
Flip the lid.If u where efi u could just take the intake pipeing off to the box

86ACRDLX
03-03-2004, 11:18 PM
whats efi anyway??

Elijah
03-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Fuel injected

86ACRDLX
03-03-2004, 11:21 PM
oooo, no im not.... so what can i do??? flip the lid??

Blue Impact
03-03-2004, 11:32 PM
Poke a hole in your exhaust pipe. It's too easy to detect the hole if you do it in the muffler. :D Just kidding, man. I guess flipping the lid would be your best bet and best of all, it's free and you won't have to repair/replace anything in the long run except probably your filter. Why would you want your car to sound "tougher" anyways?

86ACRDLX
03-03-2004, 11:41 PM
because you cant hear it at all, it sounds weak like my old lady neighbors car.... i just want to have some kind of sound to it ya know???? so flip the lid.... but it would be open then on top it wont close all the way will it???

smufguy
03-04-2004, 12:13 AM
Dont think of me as snobby but i know you are new and all. But damn..... man, how to make your car sound better aint performance? Do u see anything performance orienented in your thread? Post this kinda thing in the offtopic or general section. Besdies, cheap?? dont use that word, nothing is cheap when it comes to performance, oh wait. You were not talking about peroformance were you????

Volitech
03-04-2004, 04:46 AM
Dont think of me as snobby but i know you are new and all. But damn..... man, how to make your car sound better aint performance? Do u see anything performance orienented in your thread? Post this kinda thing in the offtopic or general section. Besdies, cheap?? dont use that word, nothing is cheap when it comes to performance, oh wait. You were not talking about peroformance were you????

Are you trying out for moderator status or what?

smufguy
03-04-2004, 05:43 AM
why do i have to say this kinda things just cause im trying to be a moderator? Man..... everytime an older member says something so that the new guys can do stuff right, you new fellas wanna just bite back. :rolleyes:

I mean, you been on this forum or registered and been a member since last october, which is like what 3 months? It pretty much says you learnt very little in this forum. Some people would not tell you things, but some people would, you wanna take it the wrong way, well to be honest, people dont care cause sooner or later this will be gone. I dont wanna be specific, but let's talk about just this thread. I mean, who on earth would talk about an exhaust note in performance? You tell me, its like asking what color is good for my car under the Performance section. It just makes no sense.

Ravenix
03-04-2004, 07:45 AM
hey flipping the lid is a performance mod :D one whole horsepower, quit newbie bashing, hes looking to enhance the performance of the sound of his car.

Volitech
03-04-2004, 02:57 PM
why do i have to say this kinda things just cause im trying to be a moderator? Man..... everytime an older member says something so that the new guys can do stuff right, you new fellas wanna just bite back. :rolleyes:

I mean, you been on this forum or registered and been a member since last october, which is like what 3 months? It pretty much says you learnt very little in this forum. Some people would not tell you things, but some people would, you wanna take it the wrong way, well to be honest, people dont care cause sooner or later this will be gone. I dont wanna be specific, but let's talk about just this thread. I mean, who on earth would talk about an exhaust note in performance? You tell me, its like asking what color is good for my car under the Performance section. It just makes no sense.

You need to chill out a little and just chat rather than correct people!
Your to up tight it's not good for your health! :rolleyes:

smufguy
03-04-2004, 03:39 PM
You need to chill out a little and just chat rather than correct people!
Your to up tight it's not good for your health! :rolleyes:

dude, this is the last time im gonna post in this thread. I know you dont like my replies from your other thread about your adjustable cam gears, now that i was let known by one of the memebers on this forum. You have fun here and im done. You need to take a reality check and see why people talk to you. so yeah, like i said, have fun here.

Volitech
03-04-2004, 04:18 PM
dude, this is the last time im gonna post in this thread. I know you dont like my replies from your other thread about your adjustable cam gears, now that i was let known by one of the memebers on this forum. You have fun here and im done. You need to take a reality check and see why people talk to you. so yeah, like i said, have fun here.

Your offended way to easy!!!
It's not like I'm talking trash about you!
I just think your getting bent out of shape about nothing!

Blue Impact
03-04-2004, 10:46 PM
I just think your getting bent out of shape about nothing!

There is something and that something is that some members don't like it when newbies don't search or just ask "stupid" questions. I don't have a problem with newbie-type questions, but some members do.

Volitech
03-05-2004, 06:58 AM
There is something and that something is that some members don't like it when newbies don't search or just ask "stupid" questions. I don't have a problem with newbie-type questions, but some members do.

Understandable! But that's no reason to act high and mighty about it!

MrBen
03-05-2004, 11:40 AM
Ooooo wee this thread got out of hand. Can't we all just be equals? :)

jigga225
03-06-2004, 12:56 PM
you can get a dynomax Turbo like i did for $19.99 from jegs. <thanks kroy>
i didnt' want a riced out sound, but it has some deepness to it now.
I like it

86ACRDLX
03-06-2004, 04:35 PM
whats jegs???

BensAccordLxi
03-06-2004, 06:33 PM
Jegs is a company. What all are you looking for? Post what you want for your car and we can help you find it or let you know if they make it or not. My Accord wasn't carbed, it was fuel injected, so I don't know what's all out there for your car engine wise. They make some good suspenssion parts for all of our 3rd Gens. Performance exhaust is a good place to start. Is your car a 5spd or auto trans? One place to look for stuff is www.nopionline.com , just plud in year, make, and modle and they show you whats available. Some of the stuff is for fuel injected only but it will tell you.
Good luck and welcome to 3Geez.

Bigmaxxin
03-06-2004, 07:42 PM
do what i did, and cut the exhaust off, but dont tell the good ol CHP.