PDA

View Full Version : Haynes Manual

damnthesenames
03-04-2004, 07:33 AM
I was reading thru my Haynes manual the other day, and the page right after the cover was showing the layout of the engine bay. I noticed that the air filter circled around to the drivers side... The picture did not show me where it ended up but I was wondering what the picture was really of. On my 89 LXi The air filter goes into the fender of the passenger side. Was this a picture of a Japan car?

_ Justin

89accord_lxi_coupe
03-04-2004, 09:40 AM
really?? i never noticed that, i have a haynes too but i didn't see that. hmmm, i'm thinking those books have small inaccuracies all through them. i looked in mine to find where to check the tranny fluid, and it said what all other manuals say, next to the right front wheel well. in fact the tranny check point is at the front of the engine, under a few hoses. that part about the air intake could be due to differences in models.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
03-05-2004, 06:30 PM
the Haynes manual is not specifically for the third generation. It covers both the second and third generation of accords. That is why you see a different setup on the page. If you look at some procedures, you will notice various notes that tell you which generation some apply to. Since both the 3rd and 2nd generation Accords are similar, most procedures are identical.

erics86dx
03-06-2004, 12:13 PM
looks like i was to late to answer this, thanks alot rus! j/k