PDA

View Full Version : New car?

Silver86LX
03-04-2004, 10:59 AM
I was driving around downtown Barrie yesterday and all of a sudden something caught my eye at a small used car dealership. I truned around and drove onto the lot and saw this '89 Accord sedan with almost no rust (older rust-free cars are a rare find around here) and a minor dent on one of the rear passenger doors. So I get out and take a look at it. I found out that it was an automatic :( with a very clean interior and has 257k km (about 160k mi). The dealership was closed so i decided to go back today. I got there just after noon and had a better look at it. One of the dealers came up to me and started talking to me about it. He let me start it up and it ran a hell of a lot smother than my '86. He said he would let it go for $800 and all it needs is a small exhaust leak to be patched up and a basic tune-up. So now I'm debating wheather to get it, or to hold off until i find something better (like an EXi or a Prelude). I know my '86 won't last me the summer unless I put at least $600 worth of work into it. Plus it's starting to rust pretty bad and the paint looks dull and I get really bad gas mileage.