PDA

View Full Version : Adding nitrous to an 89 SEi

Blkblurr
03-04-2004, 04:27 PM
I've done some searching and have not found a thread that talks about what is needed to install nitrous on a fuel injected accord. I have an 89 Sei and have been considering adding nitrous to it. I know you can buy kits to do this and I've seen ones that you select the port size based on how much hp you want to add. Can someone point me to a thread that discusses what is needed to do this? How much nitrous is consumed during usage and how much does a refill cost?

:)

NXRacer
03-04-2004, 04:45 PM
do you have yahoo or aol? IM me at brassmonk01 on yahoo or brassmonkey01 on aol and i'll tell you all about it. I can even sell you a kit if you want.

NXRacer
03-04-2004, 05:17 PM
The simple answer is YES, you can add nitrous to just about any car, and yours would be easy to do. The best way IMO would be to go with NX. They are super easy to install, super simple and work awesome. I have a friend who has been running one on his Hyundai Accent for almost a year and has run over 10 bottles through it with no problems to date.

How much nitrous is used depends on your shot size. I think the basic measurement is something like 1lb per 10 seconds of spraying with a 75 shot, but you wont be spraying nearly that long when racing. Usually its about 2-3 seconds. I think the average is about 12-15 shots (low estimate) on a full bottle but if you run a 50 or 35 shot you'll get way more then that.

As for filling bottles, it really depends on where you get it filled. I've seen some places charge like $45 to fill a 10lb bottle an other places charge $30. You'll just have to see what your local filling station charges. The best option would be to try to find a place that does it in-house so you dont have to wait couple days while they send your bottle out to get filled.

If you have any questions, PM me and we can get together and talk online sometime. As for prices on kits, i can get any NX kit or accessory from www.horsepowerfreaks.com at about a 40% discount, so look me up if you want to get something.

Blkblurr
03-04-2004, 05:24 PM
Thanks man. This helps a lot. I need more HP's when not driving my S2000

Elijah
03-04-2004, 06:03 PM
NX is a really nice kit.If u buy it u will be happy.I have it and love it.

Blkblurr
03-04-2004, 07:34 PM
Sounds good thanks. Do you have any pics you could post?

Elijah
03-04-2004, 07:38 PM
I will try and get some up.The nx kit comes with a stepbystep instructions.I say u could have it done withen 4 hours.The instructions r really clear and good.And the kit comes with multiple jets so u can change the hp as u please.It shouldnt take for then 5-10 minutes to change the jets.And wet is the best and safest way to go

NXRacer
03-04-2004, 10:31 PM
i got one thing to mention. when i installed my first kit, we accidently hooked up the feed line to the purge port so when the system was switched on, it constantly sprayed. Just read carefully and you'll be fine.

Justin86
03-06-2004, 08:44 PM
nitrious is like a hot chic with an STD, you want to hit it so bad but are affraid of the consequences. Also remember the wetter the better. :D