PDA

View Full Version : Vibration and my Sub

MrBen
03-05-2004, 10:08 AM
SO I recently got my sub up and going and on the hard hits of bass, I hear the rear deck vibrating. I've noticed if I press the 3rd brake light toward the window, the vibration stops, but it will also stop if I press on the vent things a certain way. Anyone had this problem? I've tried tightening the screws and moving it, but it still becomes loose.

AccordEpicenter
03-05-2004, 08:06 PM
eventually youre gonna either break the 3rd brake light or somthing so what i did was i cut about a 1/4 inch off of the face facing the glass and screwed it down hard... that worked ok.. eventually i just removed it but its kinda illegal but ive never had a cop say anything about it.

BMS
03-07-2004, 09:10 PM
Mine does that in the exact same way. I just keep the bass down. I haven't found a way to solve that I am happy with.

MrBen
03-08-2004, 11:42 AM
I think next week I'll pull out the rear deck and see what's going on. Provided it is sunny that is. Damn Washington.

Thanks for the input.

shepherd79
03-08-2004, 01:25 PM
i had the same problem in my old car and i have the same problem in my new car.
what i did in my old car i applied $150 worth of dynomat. that stuff works great.
plus i used that behind rear lights too.

Hash_man_Se_i
03-08-2004, 01:40 PM
Ya... I am getting that stupid 3rd brake light rattling too. It just rattles against the rear window, and is a real pain in the ass. I am thinking of trying to take something like felt, and make a strip to go along the edges of the 3rd brake light so that it no longer rattles against the back window.

DanLXI88
03-08-2004, 02:36 PM
I have had that problem with my LXI I cracked it with a very deep bass drop. You can see the crack when you press the brake. I am going to run a bead of clear cement down the crack and I think that'll fix it. If not I’ll run a very small bead of clear rubber cement around the face let it dry and press it to the glass like a rubber seal.

bobsaccord
03-08-2004, 03:24 PM
i saw this guy in a newer Altima and he had his bass goin and his 3rd brake light would jump up and down whenever the bass hit hard, it was hilariousssss

AccordEpicenter
03-08-2004, 10:25 PM
i broke the 3rd brake light and both 6x9 mounts broke right off...

Magny
03-08-2004, 10:50 PM
Just take some 1/8 inch foam strips like they use to keep our pannels from rattling on the body and stick it between the light and the window, may look tacky, but at least your SPL will be saved from a second sound and ruining it.

I just got through doing my system, but haven't done my 3rd light yet, but I did solve the problem with the license plate rattle with those foam strips. They give you the same stuff when you buy the licence plate kit from dynomat. The reason I didn't do my 3rd light yet is cause I ran out of strips, kinda took them from work and cut them thin, just enough to fit my plate back on. Tell ya what tho, it dont rattle no more. So none of that lookin stupid rattling noise outside,but still need to do the inside. Just got through custom doing my trunk where it can't really be removed, unless you had hella screwdrivers or 40 mins of unscrewing time with just one.