PDA

View Full Version : im losin' my marbles with this car over here

Tha Realist
03-05-2004, 01:06 PM
my 88 accord lx started to stall out when i drove it. i couldnt figure out the problem so i gave the engine a good tune up(all fiters,fluids,plugs,wires,distributor rotor)and it still did the same thing so i got a rebuilt carb and put it on. i took it out for a spin and it ran fine fine for about ten minutes the it started stalling again.could it be the fuel pressure;i can hear the pump come on for a half second before i start it.i have replaced some vacuum hoses because they were loose and cracked but i'm pretty sure the other ones are good though because they were checked when the old carb was replaced.i know the hoses are routed right because it does the same thing it did before the carb was replaced.basically i'm losing my mind out here with it and punching and kicking it doesn't seem to help either. if someone,anyone out there could help me out i would be extremely grateful forever. God knows luv my ride but this bitch ain't right! :pissed:

shepherd79
03-05-2004, 01:34 PM
you didn't have to double post.
i would check all vacuum lines.
do you have emission test in ohio?

njpeter
03-06-2004, 06:47 AM
I had a month long wild goose chase the first time mine was giving trouble, cheap on ebay, a true value if it fixes the problem. It should trhow a "killer" spark at all times, mine was sparkin, but not quite well enough for anything past idle.

87accordlxph
03-06-2004, 02:28 PM
Check your distributor.

-Mike from Sarnia!

Tha Realist
03-07-2004, 12:01 PM
yeah they test out here.it's called e-check but i guess i'll get that cap replaced and go over those hoses again. if anybody knows anything else i appreciate your help cuz i'm clueless

geofstan
03-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Try PCV valve cured my problem and it was only $3 after I changed everything else .

Tha Realist
03-11-2004, 11:07 AM
i forgot to say that i did change the pcv valve but to no avail

87accordlxph
03-11-2004, 06:37 PM
Check the EGR valve?

I know this sounds silly but did you connect all your wires right to the distributor cap in the right firing order?

-Mike from Sarnia!

Tha Realist
03-12-2004, 01:32 PM
the wires are good i dont know about the egr