PDA

View Full Version : ACT Clutch info?

Busted_Blue
03-05-2004, 01:17 PM
2nd OEM replacement is near its end of life (i learned to drive on it) and i've been looking at a new clutch..

I've searched around and ACT seems to be the best bet but i do not know how much they are going for. Some sites go as low as 230, and others are off the roof at 430.

There are two part numbers for our cars

HA2-HD00 Heavy Duty with OEM replacement disc
HA2-HDSS Heavy Duty with Street Disc

What exactly is the prices nowadays for these kits?

Has anyone has the experience with these two kits and tell me the exact differences between them? I'm trying to figure out whether the performance from the SS justifies the price. thanks for all the help!

NXRacer
03-05-2004, 01:42 PM
Justin86 bought the street disc clutch and i've ridden in it and its pretty heavy duty. It'll be more then good enough for a N/A motor. And if you can get it for $230 i'd get it. thats a good deal. My supplier has em on sale right now for $293

Busted_Blue
03-05-2004, 03:16 PM
thanks for the info! anyone else have insight on the clutch kits?

anyone have insight on how much the OEM one is?

edit: my fault, the cheapest i've seen for the SS is 300 or so and the other one with stock replacement disc is roughly 240... dunno where i got the numbers.. whoops. :X

RobT5580
03-05-2004, 03:31 PM
I belive i have the street setup in my other coupe. It feels like the oem honda one and seems to be holding up well. I have had it in that car for a few years now and its abused and doesnt chatter like other clutches i have had in hte past.

Busted_Blue
03-05-2004, 07:26 PM
thanks, i'll look into getting an ACT soon. Probably will change it while supsension is being done, as well as timingbelt, and water pump.