PDA

View Full Version : Cv Boot??????????

Rendon LX-i
03-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Well couple of days ago my cv broke and it was ight but then i lended it to my friend cuz his car got jacked and he took it out on the dirt road and dirt got in it and now its LOUD. i fixed my right outter CV boot and was hard cuz it was my first time doing this on a honda. but i wanted to know if it is easy to do the Left side since it shorter an all? Has anyone did the right cv outter boot and was it easy? give me some pointers. thanks :beer:

AZmike
03-06-2004, 11:45 AM
As far as I know the outer CV joints are the same left to right. If it's already making noise the joint itself may be bad and it might be a better idea to replace the whole thing instead of just resealing it.

Rendon LX-i
03-06-2004, 11:27 PM
this happen to me once on the right side. and everyone told me the same thing. REPLACE The whole thing. but i took the knuckle off and worked it in gasoline and worked it for about 30 minutes. and i was susprised how much Fine dirt came out of it and after that clean. bought a boot and works fine now. no noise wat so ever. so i prolly do that u know. save me 60 that i don have. lol