PDA

View Full Version : DX/LX trannys vs. LXi/SEi trannys

sporkHSP
03-06-2004, 07:03 AM
i read some where on here a while back that the carb trannies had different gear ratios, and that they would have a higher top speed because of this... would it make any difference if i swapped one into an LXi...i might be getting one soon, and it needs a new tranny... i need a new tranny anyway, so i will be swapping, if it would make any positive difference, i would just assume swap in a carbed tranny for theo one its got in there now... its a 5speed too, and i want to keep it that way...
thanks you!

AZmike
03-06-2004, 11:41 AM
The gear ratios can be found here:
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=165

The tranny from a fuel injected car will give slightly better acceleration and a slightly higher top speed with a very small decrease in fuel economy. The only difference between the two is a ~5% higher final drive ratio on the FI transmission.

Did you try a search? I posted the same information a few weeks ago for someone else.

Elijah
03-06-2004, 12:10 PM
So u dont have to use a fuel injected tranny in a lx-i?If u dont does it have to be out of if my car is 88-89 can I use a 86-87 tranny?
Thanks Elijah.

AZmike
03-07-2004, 01:08 AM
As far as I know the only difference is the final drive ratio. The axle lengths and main shaft and axles splines should all be the same.