PDA

View Full Version : i got some amp thick wire . . . . . .

accordlxi2.0
03-06-2004, 06:17 PM
i found this thick red wiring that my dad had used when he had sub in his car.
and there's lot's of it.
so i was searching the board about the ground wire's hook up's.
but i can't find out were u the hook up the wire's to.
i know soem of yall think this may be a waste but hell the only thing i'll b wasteing is wire's and time.
so does anyone know the hook-up point to connect the wire's.
oh and these are thick copper wire's that is used for amp's.
thanx !

zero.counter
03-06-2004, 06:22 PM
Chassis...body. Where are you mounting? In the trunk, under the seats, in the cabin?

If in the trunk, where at? Same for the cabin...

accordlxi2.0
03-06-2004, 06:28 PM
i wanna use it for the engine too . . . . .
like charge, spark, . . . . .

accordlxi2.0
03-06-2004, 06:53 PM
n e one elese?????

zero.counter
03-06-2004, 07:36 PM
If you search, I posted some specs (and a pic) I had created when I made my own engine groudning kit. It is a diagram of sorts...

Brentm
03-06-2004, 11:33 PM
your runnign this wire for a stereo amp I assume.

step 1, connect the RED power wire to the battery, make sure you put in a fuse holder, its pretty much a loop of red power wire with a little black box in the middle, jsut cut the wire loop in the middle and connect this to the power wire, as close to the battery as possible. then carefully run the red power wire along the side of your car under the carpet, right under the doorjamb (the firewall will be hard to push the wire through, but jsut use a screwdrive to make a hole and then push the wire through.

step 2, the ground wire (Brown, usually), run this from the amp to something metal on your car, make sure the ground point is within 18 inches of the amp

step 3, Run the RCA and remote turn on wires from your car deck to the amp. run these wires on the OPPOSITE side of the car that you ran the power wire, otehrwise you will get a lot of static and other bad things in your music. run is along the side of the car, under the doorjamb

Thats about it, if you have any questions just ask.

accordlxi2.0
03-07-2004, 04:20 PM
nope, it has an amp and i'm satisfied with it.
i meant i have all this extra wire and i was wanting to know where to connect . . . .like how they have them hi-performance wire's connected and such . . . .and zero. counter i still did'nt find what u had posted.

zero.counter
03-07-2004, 04:29 PM
nope, it has an amp and i'm satisfied with it.
i meant i have all this extra wire and i was wanting to know where to connect . . . .like how they have them hi-performance wire's connected and such . . . .and zero. counter i still did'nt find what u had posted.
I could not find it either, but here is the diagram:
http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/zero.counter/images/Cars/Parts/H-M_Ground_Map.gif

accordlxi2.0
03-07-2004, 04:35 PM
thanx! zero u da man.
um . . . . now 4 tha stupid ass question of tha day . . . . does this work, even a little??
and to b safe than sorry. . . i would run the wire from the batt. ground to the body of the alt?
run the wire from tha batt. ground to the body of the distributor?

pixiesfan78
04-01-2004, 01:28 AM
i did that in my car. i replaced all the battery wires with 4 guage amp wire as well as the ground strap on top of the valve cover that goes to radiator support. just make sure you get it all tight and that theres no chance of losing ground. the ground for the alternator is the only one i have not replaced yet it runs into a wire loom so im not really sure where it goes possibly to the starter. have to figure that one out one day but i plan on getting an upgraded alternator anyway so its pointless to do it now.

bboipinoy112
04-01-2004, 04:01 PM
so.... uhmm.. do you get improvements from using 4g. amp wire? ive been thinking about doing the same lately. but been lookin around the site to see if it does any good... oh and .. whats "bulk head" on zero.'s diagram? sorry for da noobness

accordlxi2.0
04-01-2004, 04:11 PM
yea, there was improvement but first the bluk head is
basically like putting that wire on the firewall.
i did this cause when a bass note would hit theidle would go down, that solved the problem.
the timing was advanced i could tell, my gas pedal was softer, and it had ab it more pick-up.
i think it was worth it, to some it may be a rice thingy, but it help's.!

bboipinoy112
04-01-2004, 04:24 PM
Thanks accordlxi2.0. since you tell me now that in your opinion was worth it. i think im going to have to pick up my dads left over 20ft of 4g. from him. thanks again accordlxi2.0