PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with my lx?

billybob
03-06-2004, 09:26 PM
Howdy guys
My car has recently been letting me down. Lets see if you guys can help me out on this. When i drive for about 15 mins on the way to and from work, my engine will slowly lose power until it just won't go any further and will then die. When i shut the engine off and wait a couple mins it will start up again like nothing happened.
This only happens when i go to work in which i have to take the highway, but when i drive in town it won't do it.
Thanx for yur help guys.

Brentm
03-06-2004, 11:23 PM
ive had that happen a couple times too, yea id like answers.

erics86dx
03-07-2004, 08:56 PM
losing power huh, you car fuel injected if so check the injectors, or buy some injector cleaner, could just need a major tune up, make sure the battery is connected right, could be a number of things, just take a day off or something and mess around with stuff

A20A1
03-07-2004, 09:46 PM
Its carbed, he said LX
Please don't post the same thread in multiple forums, make one detailed post about your car and it's problem and wait for a reply.

Its probably a fuel problem, if you are suggesting that the faster you go the more likely the problem is to occur. I would check the fuel filters as well as the fuel pump and make sure everythings okay with them. It could also be electrical so check the charge from the battery and the alternator.