PDA

View Full Version : ok, I have a question

88LXiHatchMOdifier
03-07-2004, 07:28 PM
I have found numerous CRX-Del Sol motors available(D16s),and quite a few Honda Civic(out of 96-99 models) motors. The ones I have found, They are all non-vtec, so.., would these motors be able to be fit into my Accord?. I don't know the answer to this question myself, because I've never seen it done. I don't even know if they make mounts to swap in these motors. Someone please respond,and give me a idea as to whether or not a swap like this can be done. I know either swap is possible,but it would involve probably a custom wiring harness,maybe custom mounts. If I can get mounts that are already made, then that would work. If I can't get them where they are already made, then I'd need to weld something into my engine bay,and it wouldn't be too hard, but still. I'm looking for the best,and easiest way, and cheapest way,without spending a arm,and a leg.

johndej
03-07-2004, 07:37 PM
umm....... you wouldn't be gaining much (if anything) from doing that.

Nuffice
03-07-2004, 09:14 PM
I have found numerous CRX-Del Sol motors available(D16s),and quite a few Honda Civic(out of 96-99 models) motors. The ones I have found, They are all non-vtec, so.., would these motors be able to be fit into my Accord?. I don't know the answer to this question myself, because I've never seen it done. I don't even know if they make mounts to swap in these motors. Someone please respond,and give me a idea as to whether or not a swap like this can be done. I know either swap is possible,but it would involve probably a custom wiring harness,maybe custom mounts. If I can get mounts that are already made, then that would work. If I can't get them where they are already made, then I'd need to weld something into my engine bay,and it wouldn't be too hard, but still. I'm looking for the best,and easiest way, and cheapest way,without spending a arm,and a leg.

not worth it! Those Engines do not make enough power to mave an Accord.

88LXiHatchMOdifier
03-24-2004, 09:47 PM
my friends friend has a Del Sol running 12Psi of boost, and it runs a 11.6 in the quarter mile.., so.., they are not bad motors.., just like every car, you need a lot of money to make them fast..

NXRacer
03-24-2004, 11:25 PM
why bother with swapping in a SOHC motor that puts out less then what you have already? For the price of buying a motor and swap kit you can be running 11lbs on your stock motor man.

www.accordcentral.com

RobT5580
03-25-2004, 08:58 AM
You would be better off putting a Turbo on your A20A3 engine. You can spend the money you would spend on the swap and the del sol is a bit lighter than the accord so you cant even compare the two at all. If you really want to do a swap get a B20A or B16-18. But no matter what all swaps have their pros and cons so your best solution would to maybe look into Seans turbo kit.

bobafett
03-25-2004, 09:35 AM
and a d16 with 12psi will not run 11's :) maybe with 12:1CR... lol