PDA

View Full Version : mp3 .. changer?

Wood9669
03-07-2004, 09:21 PM
hi all, somewhat dumb question but i searched didnt really find anything..

does anyone know if they make an MP3 changer (disc or like a memory card type thing) that you can hook up to the aux on a deck?? it seems like some1 would but i cant seem to find much.. something similiar to neo car jukebox

Moodybluesr
03-08-2004, 03:11 AM
Kenwood makes their Music Keg which I think is a pretty sweet piece of equipment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3083211374&category=1498

Several companies also make traditional CD changers that decode MP3 files... just do a search on eBay for "mp3 changer."

Sabz5150
03-08-2004, 10:22 AM
I have one... doesn't connect to the AUX though. Wish it did. Grabbed it off of eBay for 100 bucks. It's a 10 disc changer with search and ID3 functions. Not a bad deal at all :)

Wood9669
03-08-2004, 11:32 AM
the kenwood music keg is only thing i can find that connects thru aux, but i got a sony deck.. so im probably going to get the Sony CDX-757MX (http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/SONCDX757MX?ref=frog)
anyone here own this and can tell me if its any good?

catalin
03-09-2004, 12:02 AM

does anyone know if they make an MP3 changer (disc or like a memory card type thing) that you can hook up to the aux on a deck?? it seems like some1 would but i cant seem to find much.. something similiar to neo car jukebox

You can connect just about anything that has a headphone jack to the auxilliiary input of your stereo. A good example is an Ipod or any other portable MP3 player.

Raduque
03-18-2004, 12:12 PM
I was going to do what catalin was suggesting with my MP3/CD player, but I would much much rather be able to change songs/disks from the HU itself.... So I'm holding out for a Pioneer MP3 changer that can be controlled from my deck.

That said, I think I've seen on Crutchfield, a couple of "Universal" MP3 Changers that say the FM modulator plugs into the changer unit with a standard 1/4" minijack? Perhaps you could replace the FM modulator with a minijack->RCA cable?

catalin
03-18-2004, 10:48 PM
I was going to do what catalin was suggesting with my MP3/CD player, but I would much much rather be able to change songs/disks from the HU itself.... So I'm holding out for a Pioneer MP3 changer that can be controlled from my deck.

That said, I think I've seen on Crutchfield, a couple of "Universal" MP3 Changers that say the FM modulator plugs into the changer unit with a standard 1/4" minijack? Perhaps you could replace the FM modulator with a minijack->RCA cable?

Nope can't do it since you need the display that comes with the FM to mod control the changer functions. Also you'll disappointed to find out that the Pioneer FM modulated changers cannot be controlled by a Pioneer changer, if you decide to go that route in the future.

catalin
03-18-2004, 10:50 PM

What kind of deck do you have??? Make/model?

Hash_man_Se_i
03-18-2004, 10:56 PM
I beleive Nakamichi makes a MP3 changer, and it is one fine piece of equipment.. but it sure will cost you.