PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Adjust E-brake And Clutch?

mattalica
03-07-2004, 09:54 PM
That says it all!I have to park on a hill and my e-brake slips a little.My clutch also slips a little going uphill.Thanks,Matt

Blue Impact
03-07-2004, 10:21 PM
For the ebrake, you have to get to the ebrake cable, which is behind the little ashtray thingy at the back of the center console. You just have to tighten the nut there I guess.

For the clutch, I hope you mean clutch pedal and to tighten it there's this thingy majiggy at the tranny that you have to tighten/loosen, and in your case, tighten.

Sorry for being such an airheaded moron. I hope this kinda gives you an idea.

cruznz
03-08-2004, 12:54 AM
quote from chiltons manual......

if the rear brakes have been serviced or replaced, start the engine and press the brake pedal several times to adjust the brakes before adjusting the parking brake cable. Incorrectly adjusted rear brakes (disc or drum) will affect the function of the parking brake mechanism.

1 Raise and safely support the vehicle on jackstands.

2. On rear disc brake equipped vehicles, make sure the lever of the rear brake caliper contacts the brake caliper pin.

3. On drum brake equipped vehicles, make sure the rear brakes are properly adjusted.

4. Pull the parking brake lever up 1 notch.

5. Remove the access cover at the rear of the console or remove the rear seat ashtray. On some models, it may be necessary to remove the center console to gain access to the adjusting nut. Tighten the adjusting nut until the rear wheels drag slightly when turned.

6. Release the parking brake lever and check that the rear wheels do not drag when turned. (Don't confuse a light brushing noise with drag; you'll feel the drag.) Readjust if necessary.

7. With the equalizer properly adjusted, the parking brake should be fully applied when the parking brake lever is pulled up 7-11 clicks on 1984-89 Accord and 1984-91 Prelude or 4-8 clicks on 1990-95 Accords and 1992-95 Preludes.

Moodybluesr
03-08-2004, 03:26 AM
The clutch is adjusted by turning the large black plastic adjusting nut on the end of the clutch cable by the release arm. Just follow the cable down towards the transmission until you see the big black nut; you turn it by hand, although it may require some muscle if it's been a while since you have adjusted your clutch. If memory serves, you will want to turn it counterclockwise to move the friction point towards the floor and stop your slipping clutch.