PDA

View Full Version : fart cannon!

adams86lxi
03-07-2004, 11:06 PM
i just removed my cat and my resonator and replaced it with a strait threw pipe and really like the more power i feel out of it, but now my cars exhaust sounds like a fart cannon! I have a dynomax super turbo muffler and i loved the deep mellow tone but i also wouldnt of minded if it was a little louder. Now it has this nasty rattaly tone to it and i dont really like it. How could i fix this. I was thinking of maybe putting in a glass pack right wheir the resonator was back to my dynomax and thinking maybe this will give it a better tone! THANKS!!! :cool:

mattalica
03-07-2004, 11:14 PM
Dude a glass pack will give u a quieter sound for sure!U can even go w/ a 4" muffler to tone it down a little more.The sound won't be quite as loud though w/ the muffler.I need a glass pack mine ounds really cool,very throaty and deep very beefy but also very loud.

A20A1
03-07-2004, 11:27 PM
Stick a muffler closer to the header, it should get rid of the fart / buzz sound.

Rendon LX-i
03-08-2004, 08:33 AM
Why do u guys wanna be like chevys putting glasspacks on hondas. thats just pain whack. just get a nice set up. header high flow cat good resonator. and a good high flow muffler. not dessing just saying. later

Vinny
03-08-2004, 08:55 AM
Why do u guys wanna be like chevys putting glasspacks on hondas. thats just pain whack. just get a nice set up. header high flow cat good resonator. and a good high flow muffler. not dessing just saying. later
Using a glasspack in place of the resonator will cut out the resonate frequencies in the exhaust. We're not talking about running straight pipe to a glasspack, but using it as a resonator off the cat then using a muffler in its normal place. I'm going to be using a Magnaflow 22" tube muffler as a resonator, but I'll still be running it into a ractive muffler

Rendon LX-i
03-08-2004, 05:03 PM
oh ight. lol just making sure man. u know cuz i see alot of hondas here with a glasspack with a tip on it. im like WAT. u know thats sorry. cant buy a real muffler. and shit. but using it a proper way.

adams86lxi
03-08-2004, 11:04 PM
i remember seeing these exhaust tips at pepboys that had fiberglass packed into the sides of them (it kinda looks like a glass pack inside) do you think this would act as a resonator to get rid of that fart cannon ratally sound at all or not because this would be a easy fix! :cool:

A20A1
03-08-2004, 11:22 PM
A larger tubed header should deepen the sound some.

Grant2k
03-09-2004, 10:16 PM
Why do u guys wanna be like chevys putting glasspacks on hondas.
they are all silencing devices made for cars. hondas and chevys are both cars. you are basing your judgement toally on style.

and pretty much all the "muffler" or resonators that have been mentioned here are glasspacks. they all have fibreglass packing that they use to deaden sound, so even a "fart cannon" is a glasspack.

jayp6969
03-10-2004, 06:49 PM
i just cut out my resonator and put in a regular pipe...nice and loud :)