PDA

View Full Version : Good exhaust?

aCCo[R]D
03-08-2004, 12:09 PM
I just bid on this at Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2465035968&category=33636

is this good to get? you know performance and sound wise

NXRacer
03-08-2004, 12:39 PM
those arent bad. A LOT of people use them so they must be pretty good. You'll wanna get a resonator put inline in your exhaust or it will be pretty loud.

dXsquared
03-08-2004, 12:46 PM
noooo!!! you got a 3 inch inlet.. thats HUGE.. you want 2.5 inch or even 2.25 if you can find it... thats for a turbo car.. hopefully you dont win, or maybe they can get you a 2.5 inch one... oh ya.. 50 bucks os way too much anyway.. then can be had or like 30 bucks buy it now

Travis

dXsquared
03-08-2004, 12:49 PM
heres what you should have got

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33636&item=2464982528

Travis

Justin86
03-08-2004, 12:54 PM
yea that is a popular style of muffler and if you keep the scliencer it should sound real nice but with them removed they are LOUD and are high pitched.

dXsquared
03-08-2004, 01:15 PM
my experience is that silencer in = quiet and high pitched farts... silencer out = loud and deep tone

Travis

Justin86
03-08-2004, 07:52 PM
I guess it depends on the exact muffler and the rest of the exhaust set-up cause the ones I have heard mostly sound like crap in my opinion and the ones with out the scliencer were more annoying to me.

jayp6969
03-08-2004, 07:54 PM
i like mine...loud and deep....its in the shop now getting new hiflo cat and 2 1/2 inch from headers back...and i have a set of pacesetters going on

all for 500 so not 2 bad but its all professionally done

Moodybluesr
03-08-2004, 11:48 PM
That's about the same muffler I put on my old Civic CX... it sounded good with the silencer in, but it was pretty obnoxious when I pulled it out. I think I am going to go all out and try a Remus on the Accord.

NotFast
03-08-2004, 11:57 PM
Thats the muffler i've been wanting

aCCo[R]D
03-09-2004, 06:54 AM
oh damn, I already won it :rolleyes: I guess I will get it and leave the silencer on, thanx for the help anyways :cool:

dXsquared
03-09-2004, 12:49 PM
its 3 inch inlet... email them and ask if they can swap for a 2.5 inch inlet...

Travis

smufguy
03-09-2004, 05:31 PM
i dont know how people like those kinda mufflers. I guess im still oldschool. I have a dynomax, a lot of people here have dynomax. Funny thing is, i have a resonator put in and even with that, im setting off alarms, its more a growl to it these days, its just fun to hear the exhaust and the engine when its real cold outside, the engine just loves it. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......... gives me the chills just thinkin about it. Well, i guess ill go for a drive then right now.

racerx
03-09-2004, 05:36 PM
it would have been nice if they said what the OUTLET was...
the outlet should be the same as the inlet if you want consistent performance, but these Apex-i "style" mufflers usually have a 1.25 or 1.5" outlet. This one might have a 2" outlet, but it's the small outlet that gives the car the pbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbppb noise. you know, the fart-can effect. if you dont want that effect, dont get this kind of muffler.
anyway, with the muffler you got, you should be okay. ...as far as sound goes...

Robs89LXi
03-11-2004, 06:41 AM
I like sleepers. What's a good PERFORMANCE muffler that is quite?

smufguy
03-11-2004, 08:53 AM
I like sleepers. What's a good PERFORMANCE muffler that is quite?

Quiter the muffler, the more baffles inside them so they are not that great. The quitest i have come across are the Dynomax super turbo with a resonator. The 2.25" pipe resonator is really big but quietens the muffler down a lot under idling. Its a low grown if u can say it, but once u hit higher rpms, it gets louder.

So there is really no 'Sleeper' muffler if u can say. Besides, dynomax super turbo is of real good quality, and they are like 35-50 bux no more. i got mine for $40 shipped.

SteveDX89
03-11-2004, 09:08 AM
I've got a Dynomax on my car with no resonator. I was following my car while my g/f was driving it. I honestly was having some trouble hearing it. I could only hear it when she pulling away from a stop. Cruising I couldn't hear anything. However, when I'm in the car, it's quite different. I can usually hear it all the time, even when my music is up. There are also certain air temperatures when it's louder than other times.

Robs89LXi
03-11-2004, 09:34 AM
But you guys get good performance out of them? I'll give up a bit of sound for better performance gains. Of course, quiet but strong would be the ultimate setup, but if I had to compromise, I'd deal with a bit loud if I had to. Can you feel the performance gain from these mufflers? What other exhaust change did you do at the same time?

smufguy
03-11-2004, 09:53 AM
i had to do the exhaust twice. First just the headres and cat and just the muffler. Felt a difference from stock was really excited.

But after getting my 2.25" catback to the muffler, man....... what a hugeeeee difference. Its scary if u could say, advance ur timing 3 degrees or so and 89 octane (dont need 93) and damn....... it was flying. I love it

Just the muffler wont help, u need a header, cat, muffler and the whole pipe