PDA

View Full Version : Electric Water?

FoX
03-08-2004, 06:57 PM
http://www.fluidyne.com/NewRadiator.html
now why cant we make something like that for our cars?

A20A1
03-08-2004, 07:16 PM
You need a plate over the water pump area. and a smaller belt to run the alternator.

FoX
03-08-2004, 07:28 PM
Im just talking an electric water pump in general... lotta parasitic drag. looking for a fresh idea for my car, i wanted to try getting one of the rx8's electric power steering pumps too. that way, i am down to my alternator and air conditioning pulleys... i live in florida! not going to loose my A/C. I figured if i made them electric i wouldnt need over drive pulleys and with my CAI and the new exaust manifold , cat bypass, and cat back system i should pick up a few ponies. thinking Nitrous "About a 35 - 40 shot" I get speeding tickets alot as it is, i dont think turbo would help me none since i only want to race once in a while instead of full time power setup...

FoX
03-09-2004, 09:19 PM
doesnt anyone have any ideas on electric water pump?

Blkblurr
03-10-2004, 04:54 AM
Your not going to gain much by changing your ps pump and water pump to electric. The power to turn those items comes from your alternator. When you put a load on your alt., it becomes harder to rotate and therefore uses HP. You may have a very small gain due to the mechanical friction loss not being there anymore but I doubt it would be noticable. If you want Nitrous, see NXRacer.