PDA

View Full Version : carb issue; need help quick!

accordlxi2.0
03-08-2004, 07:36 PM
okay i noticed it's been doing this for about 2 day's already, when in drive the car idle's at 1,000rpm's.
when in neutral or park it idle's at 1,300-1,500 rpms, i even adjusted the throttle stop screw, checked for leak's.
then the idle would be to low.
it's like it will be below the first line from 1,000 rpm's guessing 600rpm.
in the vacuum box does'nt the box have a idle solenoid, maybe that going bad or . . . . . .guy's help me out . . . . . . . . . .
oh and where the hell is this coolant thermo sensor that goes to the ecu . . . . . . . . . . . . .

A20A1
03-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Might be a bad thermovalve or choke.
I have no idea which sensor goes to the ECU, but the one behind the intake manifold goes to the guage cluster.

Is the low idle problem only when cold? and the high / regular idle when the car is warmed up?

accordlxi2.0
03-09-2004, 05:16 AM
i changed the thermovalve AGAIN, but the one on the thermo housing, that is used to lower idle.instead of the secondary.

the idle get's real low is when the throttle stop is set too low.
as for the choke i'm gonna see how it's working.

accordlxi2.0
03-09-2004, 01:24 PM
the choke's working fine.
i found the coolant temp. sensor. it's on the block, which i thought was the oil sensor which in turn is mounted on top of the oil filter.
so i also disconnected the wire's from the "black box" and it was ideling eracticlly.
i think some of us here under estimate the "ecu".
when in all actuality it work's. and it does it's job.

accordlxi2.0
03-13-2004, 07:58 PM
and continuing from what i said there . . . .i'm kinda pissed. when i added the ground wire the idle seemed more controlled.
for example if i was driving then stop the idle would go down stay at 1,000rpm's till im compleatly stopped, then it'll idle about 700rpm's.
then i would put it in park, it'll rev to about 1,200rpm's then go back down too 900rpm's. EVERYTIME which i like'ed,
yesterday i was driving it was fine till i was sitting in traffic then all of a sudden i went below 600rpm's.
i adjusted the throttle screw, it was fine today while chaging the tire on the sable, the idle would raise to 1,200rpm for about a second or two then go down to 900rpm for about 10second's.
i adjusted the throttle screw it was bad, adjusted it again then it seem fine, but i'm not for sure,
DOES ANYONE have any idea what this could be?????

accordlxi2.0
03-13-2004, 08:39 PM
anyone? ? ?

MrBen
03-13-2004, 08:42 PM
Whoah whoah c'mon you're going to have to wait more than 40 mins on a Saturday night. Someone will come along, be patient! :D