PDA

View Full Version : Engine Rebuild kits???

myaccord7
03-08-2004, 10:24 PM
ive found a few sites with engine rebuild kits, just wondering if anyone knows where i can find some more, maybe cheaper. has anyone done a complete rebuild, any tips? i have a spare engine that i what to do it to next year when iam in engine performance class in college.

zach :tongue:

rjudgey
03-09-2004, 09:19 AM
only cheap way is to do bit at a time and to have a very good friend in the auto trade i have!
best bet strip clean inspect engine, any damage get fixed, surface grind block deck, hone bores or if badly worn bore out to new size and use oversize rings or if really bad oversize pistons will be needed, then get head skimmed, buy mains bearings and big end bearings, pull pistons off rods, balance rods and pistons, and maybe get rods stress relieved, fit new pistons onto rods, then work on crank if worn may need to be re-ground and oversize bearings are to be used, if still in spec then use std size if poss. fit crank into block and then you need to gap the rings use any good brand but by oversize than you can gap them perfect, fit rings when done then slide the rods and pistons into block and crank, and thats basically it!

88' ACCORD LX-i
03-09-2004, 10:35 PM
i was just woundering what sites have the rebuild kits? thx.

erics86dx
03-10-2004, 12:19 PM
lol lol lol, geez guys talk about go around the problem

ET2
03-10-2004, 06:49 PM
Flatlander racing
http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/accordpreulde.html

zerotap
03-10-2004, 08:01 PM
When you take your class in college they will be able to help you get your parts cheaper. They usually get discounted prices for the students. Also, they will have all the software and crap you will need. I'd just wait till college then go to town on the rebuild for your class project. For the most part if you rebuild it just stock it shouldn't cost more than $700 doing it yourself. Talk to Sean he has the experience and would know a lot.

myaccord7
03-10-2004, 10:53 PM
yeah i know the school should be able to get it cheaper, i was just looking around to see prices and if i should be saving money now. thanks

zach

wannaswapab20
03-14-2004, 07:42 PM
im looking for a kit with rod bearings, crank bearings, and piston rings. can i get a kit with just those things? do i have to get the bloock honed out? the is not marks or groves or lines of any kind in the cylinder walls.