PDA

View Full Version : kayaba vs. monroe

AccordAerodeckEX
03-09-2004, 01:16 PM
hey everybody,

this week I planed to buy 4 koni struts but the dealer here told me that they don't heve them anymore
so,
I wait for everybody to put here som oppinions: WHAT'S BEST FOR OUR CARS ?? KAYABA or MONROE Sensatrac ? I have H&R springs. peace

shepherd79
03-09-2004, 02:01 PM
WTF is Kayaba? if you mean KYB than neather KYB or Monroe should be used with lowering springs such as H&R. you better off with Tokico or even better Bilstein revalved (equal to Koni).

AccordAerodeckEX
03-09-2004, 02:33 PM
thank you shepherd

I was reading about revalving. First of all, I don't know how to translate in my language this term. So , if I have to talk with sombody about what i need, I'm f.... up.

Can you tell me what this thing means? The pressure in struts is raised? Or it's somthing about it's mechanical parts?

shepherd79
03-09-2004, 02:48 PM
revalving means they open the strut and change the valve in the strut to make it stiffer. i don't know how they do it, but i am sure someone on this board knows how they do it.

Busted_Blue
03-09-2004, 05:12 PM
revalving = bring strut back to manufacturer (with money) and they change your struts to match the stiffness of the springs. So they make bilsteins PERFECT match with H&R. As long as you tell them the spring rates to match it with.