PDA

View Full Version : ebrake light stuck on

Brentm
03-09-2004, 02:38 PM
I never use my Ebrake, but one night after work the ebrake light was on, so I restared my car, and the light was still on/ I put my ebrake on and then took it off and the light still stayed on, i knew that it definatly wasnt on and so i jsut drove home and the next day the light was still on! its been about a week and the light is still on whenever im driving the car, what is making the light stay on?

Mike's89AccordLX
03-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Is your ebrake wire disconnected near the ebrake handle? You have to take off your ebrake console to see that. If that doesn't work then get some electrical tape out and cover up the light. hehehe j/k don't do that.

Mac
03-09-2004, 03:59 PM
Check the fluid level in your reservoir. If you are low on brake fluid I think this light will come on.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-09-2004, 04:19 PM
Yeah that is probably it.

MrBen
03-09-2004, 04:28 PM
There's a switch under your ebrake console, check that out. Could be low on brake fluid. Could be something siezed since you never use it (and you should use it! Tsk tsk tsk :D)

Blkblurr
03-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Male sure the e brake handle is all the way down. If so, it could be the switch under the e brake handle needs to be adjusted. Could be the fluid level of your main brakes. I think they use the same light to indicate problems but not sure.

Brentm
03-09-2004, 07:54 PM
I drive an automatic so the ebrake for me is pretty useless. Tommorow I will check the brake fluid level and the switch, ive been meaning to take out my center console for cleaning purposes, but now I have a REAL reason.

Hash_man_Se_i
03-10-2004, 03:55 PM
Pull ur ebrake up, and watch the light. If it gets a little bit brighter, than it is something with the actual brakes, could be fluid level, or something else siezed. Mine was on becuase one of my rear calipers was siezed, and then the sensor for the fluid level in my Master cylinder was also shot. So $300 later, I had new rear brakes.. and a trip to pick ur part got me a new master cylinder cap and new front grille piece for $6.