PDA

View Full Version : uninstaling Vac Hose ...have a problem...and Greddy Evo Fit on an 86 accord DX?

ehulst
03-09-2004, 04:50 PM
....i'm new to 3geez and i just want to say that this site is tight.....i didn't kno there was capiable stuff i could do to my accord.......I'm in the procces of gettin rid of the vac hoses....I'm having some problems removing the metal part ..... those two wire sets on both sides of it....and they aren't coming lose.....i tired a flat head to see if i could removed them from the clip but the metal is so rusted i'm afraid that it wont come off.....I've got all the hoses off that metal peice some i had to cut because of corosion around the metal....Good choice or bad? I did save the ones that i'm supose to use for the Cold Air......but if u could maybe steer me in the right direction on what i should i would apreciate it.....Also......I just bought a new Muffler.....Replica of the GReddy Evolution......its got a 2.5 intlet dia. and i think the inlet to the stock muffler is like 1.5? Would i be able to mount my muffler.....

NXRacer
03-09-2004, 04:54 PM
welcome to the site. Lots of useful info here. Remember, Search is your best friend.

I havent removed the vaccum lines yet, so i couldnt help you out with that, but i can with the muffler.

They make downsizers so you could theoretically put the new muffler on, but it would be a 100% appearance mod and wouldnt noticeably help performance. The best way to do it of course would be to get a custom cat-back system made, but you can just put the muffler on.

ehulst
03-09-2004, 04:56 PM
I hear that like those adapters don't jump that large of size.....is that true?

NXRacer
03-09-2004, 04:57 PM
you may have to get 2 different ones. It would be pretty ghetto, but it would work.

ehulst
03-09-2004, 05:04 PM
cut the stock muffler off then just mig weld the adapters together and then to the muffler it self and get some hangers for it........

smufguy
03-09-2004, 05:18 PM
the only option you got if you badly wanna use the muffler is to get a 2.25" catback and just slip on the muffler that ugot. i have to say, 2.5" is pretty big for our car, and even the cat back i just mentioned is a waste of money without headers and a cat.

ehulst
03-09-2004, 05:34 PM
whats the cheepest catback i could get?

smufguy
03-09-2004, 05:37 PM
whats the cheepest catback i could get?

if u wanna buy one, there is pacesetter. Comes with a shitty muffler and yeah I dont recommend it.

Your best bet is to get a press bend (not a crinkle bend or a mandrel <<u done need it) 2.25" pipe from the cat to the muffler, costs around 150-200 bux depending on where u live, if they ask you more, just shop around.

ehulst
03-09-2004, 05:45 PM
I'll prob do it the cheepest way possible but the right way....but this still hasn't solved my first post...Vac hose problem...any one help?

A20A1
03-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Do you have an auto? or manual?

smufguy
03-09-2004, 07:16 PM
for the vaccuum hoses, get a heat gun or a blow dryer and just heat up the contact ends. It should soften the rubber and expand them a little bit. and with twisting it should come off real quick. I did the same with the coolant hoses and they came right off.

modu03
03-10-2004, 01:22 AM
if u wanna buy one, there is pacesetter. Comes with a shitty muffler and yeah I dont recommend it.

Your best bet is to get a press bend (not a crinkle bend or a mandrel <<u done need it) 2.25" pipe from the cat to the muffler, costs around 150-200 bux depending on where u live, if they ask you more, just shop around.

look, I bought the pacesetter cat back for $150 bucks, and had a noticeable gain in power, even before I got the new headers.

also, it's been installed for 2 1/2 years without any problems and sounds great.

if you already have a muffler you want to put in, just chop off the pacesetter muffler and you should be able to find a reducer coupling for 2.25 to 2.5 inches.

pace setter = nice mandrel bent piping, ready to bolt up, for cheap price.

smufguy
03-10-2004, 06:03 AM
look, I bought the pacesetter cat back for $150 bucks, and had a noticeable gain in power, even before I got the new headers.

also, it's been installed for 2 1/2 years without any problems and sounds great.

if you already have a muffler you want to put in, just chop off the pacesetter muffler and you should be able to find a reducer coupling for 2.25 to 2.5 inches.

pace setter = nice mandrel bent piping, ready to bolt up, for cheap price.

true, i agree with you for the bolt up part

But for new guys looking to buy it, they need to depend on statistics. I personally dont like pacesetter when it comes to performance mods, not only is the quality bad, but the construction is poor and so is the weight. Even a damn tip is heavy. but like i said, the new guys need to search around and base their decision on the what has already said before. Cuz this discussion along with many others, have been discussed a million times. :cool2:

ehulst
03-10-2004, 12:47 PM
ive got a auto.....but the wire shit still hasn't come off.....WD 40?