PDA

View Full Version : Single Wiper blade.legal?

ehulst
03-09-2004, 05:01 PM
Is it legal to put a single wiper blade on...if so whats the fastest and less pain full way to make it happen......

NXRacer
03-09-2004, 05:05 PM
most people will probably tell you its a ricer thing to do, but the europeans have been doing it WAY before the import scene came along. The easiest way to do it is just take off the driver side wiper, and adjust the one in the middle so that it clears the whole window. The correct way to do it is get a uni-wiper converter, but im not sure if you can find one that will fit our cars. I've never looked into getting one so i dont know for sure.

as for getting in trouble for it, i highly doubt it. As long as it clears your window enough so it doesnt abstruct your vision, it should be ok to do.

lightbulblxi
03-09-2004, 05:25 PM
yea, i did it by taking the nut of of the drivers side, then popping off the wiper, then loosening the nut to the pass side, and moving it up, i just changed it back yesterday cuz it started getting annoying, like scraping snow off the windsheild every time so i couuld see. as for legalness, when i was pulled over, the cop said it was illegal, but i looked it up online, and in wisconsin, it states that any motor vehicle must have a device to clear the windsheild. it doesnt say the whole thing or u must have 2 wipers, try looking up your state. but the only illegal thing i can think of is when u have snow, it covers half ur windsheild and that is illegal here to have your windows ubstructed by shit. hope this helps.