PDA

View Full Version : Bad Bad News

TWOLOUDNPROUD
03-09-2004, 11:03 PM
I talk to Dc sport today to order a new Header and they told me they don't make them no more :confused: I was like what i ask them if they would make one and i told them i will pay for the retooling to make it and they still said NO so out of luck for a Dc header this is not good for 3Geez at all

Cyric_accord
03-09-2004, 11:51 PM
Ummm, perhaps you haven't surfed the board very often.... but this has been covered numerous times on how DC Sports stopped producing their 4-2-1 Header for the A20 quite some time ago.... :rolleyes:

Elijah
03-10-2004, 12:27 AM
Yep it has been a little while.Oh well just the more reason for peeps to turbo there cars.HEHE

modu03
03-10-2004, 01:26 AM
just buy the pacesetter ceramic coated headers, they work just as well.

alot of people say they had problems with them, but mine bolted right in with no problems at all, good performance gain, and they look good too.

most of the people that had problems bought the black painted headers, and then they complained when their headers rusted... duh, that's why the ceramic coated cost so much more, they won't rust.

Cyric_accord
03-10-2004, 10:18 AM
I'm gonna wait on the Lightspeed headers.... hopefully get a Stainless Steel one

dXsquared
03-10-2004, 01:24 PM
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/280000-280999/280044_26_full.jpg

the pacesetter ceramic wont rust???

AccordEpicenter
03-10-2004, 02:33 PM
hahahahah thats the funniest thing ive heard today... the pacesetter wont rust...

Cyric_accord
03-10-2004, 03:37 PM
hahahahah thats the funniest thing ive heard today... the pacesetter wont rust...

:rofl: Good one Epi

I think Modu was either smoking too much :bong: or he's acting kinda :nuts:

Just kidding Mod :cheers:

bobafett
03-10-2004, 07:26 PM
most people have fitmet issues with the support bracket behind the oil pan. i just removed the fucking bracket on ambers car. on my car with DC sports header it bolted right up and was very nice and easy! ;)

sean has develpoed a NA 4-1 header, im not sure when it will be available though

TWOLOUDNPROUD
03-10-2004, 09:20 PM
What sucks i just pick up a 87 Lx-i hatch and i want a Dc Header for it

Blue Impact
03-10-2004, 10:44 PM
mod's doesn't rust because it doesn't snow in the Chico area. Last time it snowed here in Oroville was February 1989, but it wasn't all that bad. :D

smufguy
03-11-2004, 01:06 AM
Some stores might still have it so get the part numbers and start making calls and double check if they are in their shelf. Also, check the market place and also the prelude boards, they might have something up for sale. If its an hassle, just get the black painted pacesetter header, stirp the paint and use high temp ceramic paint and bake it and put it back on.

pip
03-11-2004, 09:17 AM
and lets compare climates.... north bay ontario where i live with DX squared with an avergae winter temp of -18 compared to CHICO, CA i assume california.

HondaBoy
03-11-2004, 08:39 PM
i'm thinking of getting a pacesetter header for my carbed engine. dont remember if the ceramic one would fit up just the same. i think you just have to plug a few holes or something? anyway, i live here is hot ass texas. only problem it might have rusting is if the salt air gets to it. although, i havent had a rust problem with my 3gee. i know my friends pacesetter header's black paint flaked off and its got surface rust. anyway, i really want a header. hey, will they fit up to a stock exhaust? just for a short time after a header, i would have stock exhaust until i get one made up.

Blue Impact
03-11-2004, 10:46 PM
CA i assume california.

Yeah, Chico is in northern California, about a 20 minute drive from here and about an hour and 40 minutes north of Sacramento.

speedpenguin
03-12-2004, 10:36 PM
most of the people that had problems bought the black painted headers, and then they complained when their headers rusted... duh, that's why the ceramic coated cost so much more, they won't rust.

ceramic coating is more for heat dissipation than rust treatment.
if there was supposed to be no rust treatment they wouldn't paint them at all...
or maybe it's 1:30 AM over here and i'm tired and oh so wrong...
if you live in a moist and/or salty atmosphere you're going to rust unless you're constantly checking parts. it's kind of an ongoing battle when your car is 15-18 years old.

Not like a rock
03-12-2004, 11:13 PM
Some people are waiting on the Lightspeed header, but what about the S&S headers from K-mod? Has anyone done a review on these yet? Seems very dedicated to the 3G, so I assume they're good.