PDA

View Full Version : Weird loud ass car.

1988starter
03-10-2004, 10:11 AM
Ok lately my car has been doing this weird loud/quiet thing. First off it has a new dynomax muffler has been doing it before and after and I cannot find a leak any where. Sometimes when I start my car it is mad loud esp at 3K other times it is very quiet I have no idea why or what could be cauusing it any ideas.

NXRacer
03-10-2004, 10:40 AM
My old car was a lot louder when it was cold. It had a sweet sound to it when i first started it up. then when it warmed up it got quiet(er). Maybe yours does the same thing?

1988starter
03-10-2004, 12:24 PM
actually mine tends to get louder but yesterday I was on the express way for about 45 minutes and when I got off it was nice and quiet. But i have noticed if I drive it a lot each day lots of trips back and forth to places It is very loud by the end of the day.

shepherd79
03-10-2004, 12:58 PM
your exhaust is rusted somewhere, and it is getting bigger and bigger.

smufguy
03-11-2004, 08:41 AM
U sure none of ur exhaust bolts came loose right? the ones on the downpipe, before and after cat or anything right? How is the sound tho? is it more deeper or more fart-ier (Like an open exhaust). lately its been aroudn 30s and 20s at night here in NJ and man, my car just friggin growls now. My friends Sti used to growl, and now my car is competing for it. :D

1988starter
03-11-2004, 02:58 PM
all still tight and no gasket leaks

smufguy
03-11-2004, 03:09 PM
Thats strange. hmm..... its not an intake noice either right? Its from the exhaust. nothing is out of place or damaged and yet a funny sound. do you thiink it might be engine related?

Dennis
03-11-2004, 03:12 PM
How is the sound tho? is it more deeper or more fart-ier (Like an open exhaust)haha funny that you called it a "fart-ier" sound. i just recently cut my exhaust off at the cat and it sounds like a loud ass whoopee cushion. I can't wait until i get my new exhaust put on. I like the loudness or whatever at first but now I hate it because I don't really like it when people know I'm coming 5 minutes before I come. :o

1988starter
03-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Thats strange. hmm..... its not an intake noice either right? Its from the exhaust. nothing is out of place or damaged and yet a funny sound. do you thiink it might be engine related?

I am not sure if it is engine I will try a valve reajust probably this weekend but I don't hear slapping or tapping.

87accordlxph
03-11-2004, 06:48 PM
Hmm, so you have no exhaust pipe leaks?
Did you check the exhaust manifold gasket/header gasket?

-Mike from Sarnia!

BTW, how are those man made hamburger patties going? :D

1988starter
03-11-2004, 07:02 PM
Hmm, so you have no exhaust pipe leaks?
Did you check the exhaust manifold gasket/header gasket?

-Mike from Sarnia!

BTW, how are those man made hamburger patties going? :D

It should be good i mean I just put a honda OEM one in with my dc header oh well maybe I will check any way

and the patties are going well come to the next meet to get some