PDA

View Full Version : My back seat ripped right on the seam...

Badboy2005
03-10-2004, 12:50 PM
Im not sure where to look for this so im not sure if its already posted or not....but has anyone else had this problem..and if so how did you fix it cause i looks like $h*t. So if anyone else has had this problem then hit me up and let me know what to do to fix it.

Vinny
03-10-2004, 01:01 PM
find a good upholstery shop that specializes in automobile interiors. If its on the seams they should be able to pull the cover and re-sew it

Badboy2005
03-10-2004, 01:06 PM
yeah...but thats going to be expensive isn't it? i dont know im thinking about pulling that portion out and just leaving the bottom...(since thats the only part of the back seat i will really use). and putting a custom sub box in the opening.

NXRacer
03-10-2004, 01:12 PM
i have about a 4-6" hole in the seam on my passenger seat. I took it to a local upholstry shop and they quoted me $45 to get it fixed. When i first got the car it was about 1" and its slowly gotten bigger, so i figured i'd better get it fixed before it gets too bad.

AccordEpicenter
03-10-2004, 02:34 PM
in my back seat it ripped way up on top near the headrest... at the seam. It sucks because the rest of the interior and seats are still pretty good

MrBen
03-10-2004, 03:33 PM
Well you could take the seat out, take the cover off, turn it inside out, sew the two pieces together, then reinstall.

AccordEpicenter
03-10-2004, 08:10 PM
thats a hella lot of work

Badboy2005
03-10-2004, 10:06 PM
thats what i was thinking about doing, but im trying to decide if its would be cheaper to just get it apholstered...or maybe just got to the junk yard and get a new seat...cause mine isn't even on the two little bars that stick out(the ones that allow the seat to lay down across the bottom of it so you can get to your trunk). it like doesn't even fit right.