PDA

View Full Version : hi-performance ground!

accordlxi2.0
03-10-2004, 01:40 PM
this work's and guy's w/ a carb will def. notice a difference.
low end is better, the gas pedal is soft . . . . too soft which mean's the timing is advanced.
as for system wise it sound's a little better but i have to see if the idle goes down when it hit's a bass note.
i think it's well worth.
i did take some info on how much resistance from a location from the battery ground ::::
STOCK
from batt ground to alternator 5-6 ohm's
to distributor 2-3ohm's
to door jamb (for radio) 2-3 ohm's
with ground wire
to alternator 0 ohm's
to distributor 0 ohm's
to door jamb 1-2 ohm's

shepherd79
03-10-2004, 01:52 PM
did you make your own or you bought a kit?

accordlxi2.0
03-10-2004, 02:36 PM
made it myself i had this wire that's used for an amplifier.
and even more result's
the idle does'nt go down when a bass note hit.
plus it's a bit more dassy too, i think since i ran a wire near the amp it's getting the power it need's.
i mean . . . . man the car feel's as though it does'nt have a hard time getting up to speed any more.
the secondary kick's in a bit sooner, and much better.
and when i go to take off, instead of hitting the redline it shift's at 5,000rpm's
and sometime's it would redline.
it feel's better, i like it!

mag_pbg
03-10-2004, 05:03 PM
What gaugedid you useż Im currently having some ground prob. of my own and it would be nice to reground with better wire.

shepherd79
03-10-2004, 05:05 PM
where did you connect the ground from and to?

bobafett
03-10-2004, 07:10 PM
where did you connect the ground from and to?

it sounds like he replaced stock grounds with better wire. i would like to do the same thing, i will prolly pick up 10ft of 8ga or something and make a ground kit for myself as well. :)

accordlxi2.0
03-10-2004, 07:45 PM
it's a 8 gauge red wire.
i used the original and new wire together and they are stationed together around the ground wire that's around the tranny. for the other wire's, i guess one can say "the main base".
so i have wire's going from there to the mistery box, the coil, the alternator, the dizzy, the head well two on the head.
it's worth a try,
system sound's better than it did before, the idle seem's more controlled, the engine perform's better.
but it's gonna perform much better when i advance the timing and add premium gas. :cool2: :cheers: :tongue:

shepherd79
03-11-2004, 03:56 AM
when i did that to my car i ran 4gauge wire. the stock wriing is 4gauge, it may look like small wire, but it is 4gauge.
here is diagram how and where to hook up to grounds.

accordlxi2.0
03-11-2004, 06:01 AM
well it seem's better to me.
that where i got my info off of, zero had done this too, he said he made a how-to on this but he could'nt find it.
don't mean to sound like a wuss.
but i was nervous doing this, due to the fact that i only have one car now so, i'm more careful.
meaning after i hooked thing's up while the engine is running, the top post of the alt. where that 1 wire connect's, was sparking.
i took everything off, it still was sparking and the batt. light had came on AND my choke was'nt working.
at first i thought oh hell now i gotta go to the boneyard again.
but it was loose.
so everything is fine.
start's quicker too!

HondaBoy
03-11-2004, 08:44 PM
well, i may try this on my week off next week. it looks like its time for new ground wires, and its not a bad idea. i may ask my friend to help me out with it because he did the ground wires on his 300ZX.