PDA

View Full Version : lots of progress lately. step 1 done! check it out. pics soon. :)

bobafett
03-10-2004, 07:21 PM
Step 1: MSD Blaster SS Coil, 8.5mm wires, NGK+R plugs - done....
Step 2: MSD 6A Ignition, JG Bored Throttle Body, Cap, Rotor - should commence tomorrow.

I managed to get the coil and plugs and wires done tonight, (plugs only gapped to .050 for now) the car starts fine and idles ok, but i havent driven it yet so i dont know how it really performs.

Tomorrow after 12:00noon honda will have my TB gasket and i will be able to attack the new throttle body, and while i am at it i will install the MSD 6A and my cap and rotor. this poor car hasnt had a tune up in who knows how long... i just pray that the TB gives me a noticable gain and the MSD installation goes smoothly.

on a ricey note i have my stereo setup pretty much finished too other than bolting it all down and getting a cap.
12" Rockford Fosgate HX2 sub
800w audiobahn amp
cheap 1.25cf sealed box

infiniti reference 6002i 6.5" front speakers with MTX amp powering them, amp is rated at 117x2 @ 4ohm, but my poor infiniti's only want 75-85W rms, so i know its more than enough

no rear speakers since i dont have an interior. it doesnt sound that good, but when i turn it up too much my windows rattle so bad its not worth it. so i guess its loud enough... :)

i also rewired my power for the stereo, so now its cleaner and bigger guage wires. and i rerouted my alarm wiring so it doesnt clutter the shit out of the engine bay.

AccordEpicenter
03-10-2004, 07:58 PM
your heavy stereo is negating your performance mods

bobafett
03-10-2004, 08:09 PM
both amps weigh less than 30lbs
my sub and box is about 50, and i will be removing it before i go to the track. :)

just think how much WORSE it would be if i had an interior lol! i need to get my freon drained so i can remove all my AC shit and get my 50lbs back, at least that way i am back at square one. :D

AccordEpicenter
03-10-2004, 09:00 PM
my subs/box amp weighed about 160-170 lbs but that box was mother loving huge (5 cu foot, 3/4 and braced soo hardcore that you could shove your arm in the port and walk around with it like that... by the port. Yea drop the ac and all that stuff, i noticed a mild perf. gain by dropping the ac and stripping the trunk.

Elijah
03-10-2004, 09:03 PM
The msd is really easy.U shouldnt have proplems.I put the sc-i on mine and the 6al on my wifes and it was pretty easy.I give u 20-30 minutes and u will be done

bobafett
03-11-2004, 10:49 AM
hey im looking at the diagram on the how-to

on the msd it shows to hook up the large red (power) wire ot the battery
on the how-to it shows hooking that wire up to a +12 accessory wire so it only gets power if the ignition is on

which is the right way?

Justin86
03-11-2004, 11:46 AM
just drain the freon yourself, its not to hard and don't breathe any of it. :)

eightyfivelude
03-11-2004, 04:29 PM
On the MSD the thick red wired and thick black wire go straight to the battery (or black to a good ground) and the thin red goes to an accesory power source.

Matt

Elijah
03-13-2004, 12:20 AM
On the MSD the thick red wired and thick black wire go straight to the battery (or black to a good ground) and the thin red goes to an accesory power source.

Matt

The how-to on this site is a really good diagram.I did it just like it said.Just go's right to the battery.The edit is do to my not paying attention.I thought I did it the same as the diagram on the how-to.But I put it to the battery.

speedpenguin
03-15-2004, 12:44 PM
awesome.
i'm gonna do some of those, so i want to know what happens when you test it! *_*

NXRacer
03-15-2004, 12:54 PM
so chris, where are these pictures you promised??

Justin86
03-15-2004, 05:35 PM
Pics..... :redx: ......this thread is worthless without pics! :stupid:

bobafett
03-15-2004, 08:45 PM
hahha shitty ok i will get pics tonight after amber comes home and i change her oil. then i will park my car in the garage and get some picsors. :)

btw everything is installed now, but my JG TB had a bad TPS, so im still using the stock TB for now...

1988starter
03-15-2004, 10:04 PM
hahha shitty ok i will get pics tonight after amber comes home and i change her oil. then i will park my car in the garage and get some picsors. :)

btw everything is installed now, but my JG TB had a bad TPS, so im still using the stock TB for now...

What you don't feel like switching off the tps from the old one J/K man I hope my ported TB comes in the mail soon but then again I just paid for it on sunday

BITESIZE
03-16-2004, 01:16 AM
Dirty Biotch...I want a Msd ignition...Let me know how the performance is...

Justin86
03-16-2004, 06:28 PM
So when you going to hook up the B16 intake manifold? :D

smufguy
03-17-2004, 07:27 AM
:idea: <<<i edited this post but i will come back and re-edit it soon>>>

netfreak
03-19-2004, 11:28 PM
since bobafett is slow at posting pics, i'll share my MSD pics

http://car.preterhuman.net/prelude/msd/msd_sci-l.jpg

http://car.preterhuman.net/prelude/msd/msd_blaster_ss.jpg

smufguy
03-20-2004, 07:19 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/super/typesdragoon/Smileys/postpics.gif

bobafett
03-20-2004, 08:00 AM
hahah i cant get pics cause my car isnt allowed in teh garage, we just got a living room purchased, so our garage is FULL of old boxes and old furnature.

maybe today before work lol... we will see. its basically the same as what he posted only my coil and ignition are in the oposite spots.