PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild or Replace?? ASAP

89accord_lxi_coupe
03-11-2004, 07:26 AM
ok, for a while my tranny has been going downhill, quickly. i've almost fully lost 4th and it's smelling pretty bad. would it be better to rebuild what i've got or just get a replacement tranny? i know the code for my car, E2R5. the mechanic i use said last time i talked to him, i think, it would be like 650. that's just what i think i remember, so don't quote me on it. my college ministry leader told me about another guy he's used that charges half of what everyone else charges. he had a tranny that everyone was saying 1800 to rebuild it and this guy charged 900. i need to check the estimate from my mechanic before i decide who to go with. so what do you think??

Vinny
03-11-2004, 07:48 AM
you checked your fluid lately Nolan? Just a thought. I paid 550 shipped for my rebuilt tranny from Man-Trans (http://mantrans.com/) in jacksonville, fl. 1 year warranty. 150 buck core charge. They also have a warehouse in Atlanta I think, but not for sure. If your intersted call them at 1-877-626-8726. Ask for Sam. he may cut ya a lil break if ya mention my name, just tell him I got mine off ebay for $475 and see if he'll match that.

89accord_lxi_coupe
03-11-2004, 09:53 AM
it could probably use some tranny fluid, but that won't fix my problem. it's a tranny that wasn't taken care of properly by the previous owner and my mechanic said if i changed the fluid that's in there, it may go. the fluid in it has such a consistency that it will stick to those gears, but new fluid wouldn't have the bite. i would really rather just get the tranny fully fixed. thanks for the lead on the trans company vinnie. i'm gonna check them out.

umm, i have an auto, making a swap will cost me more than i'm ready to spend at this time.