PDA

View Full Version : brakes squeel

dill21831
03-11-2004, 12:57 PM
while driving I hear something probably rubbing against my driver side rotor but cant figure out what it would be, i lubed up the back of the pads and caliper bolt and checked out the retainers that hold the pans on and cant tell if thats whats rubbing, any suggestions would help thanks

k-roy
03-11-2004, 12:59 PM
It could be the caliper is starting to seize.
Or it could be a warped rotor.
Or the heat shield is loose or bent.
Thats all I can think of right now.

dill21831
03-11-2004, 01:01 PM
It could be the caliper is starting to seize.
Or it could be a warped rotor.
Or the heat shield is loose or bent.
Thats all I can think of right now.

whats the heat shield look like, i dont think the caliper is seized, the rotor may be warped but im not sure, wasnt making this noise before i changed the pads.....

k-roy
03-11-2004, 01:03 PM
the heat shield is a circular piece of sheet metal that attaches to the spindle. It is about the size of the rotor and is directly behind the rotor.
When they get old they tent to rust, loosen, vibrate or even fall off.

markmdz89hatch
03-11-2004, 01:03 PM
whats the heat shield look like, i dont think the caliper is seized, the rotor may be warped but im not sure, wasnt making this noise before i changed the pads.....

What year/model do you have?

MrBen
03-11-2004, 01:05 PM
Maybe you installed them wrong. Reinstall them and make sure everything is right.

dill21831
03-11-2004, 01:21 PM
nah I installed them right, he was right it was the heat shield, the stupid ass thing was almost wrapped around my rotor lol fixed some vacuum leaks new cap and rotor and its driving good....