PDA

View Full Version : idle gone crazy

AccordAerodeckEX
03-11-2004, 01:11 PM
hello everyone

ANYONE CAN HELP?

yesterday I turn on the engine. Everything was ok, 2000 rpm. BUT after engine got warm, the rpm begin to go up, until in neutral reached 3000rpm.

after that, every time I start the engine the rpm is 3000 but quicly raise to 4000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

could be O2 sensor or EGR valve? can I remove O2 sensor? what are the mods to do this?

any suggestion would be good

joebeets
03-11-2004, 07:06 PM
If auto, check if throttle controller retracting .

AccordAerodeckEX
03-12-2004, 01:27 AM
no, it's MT

I checked the vacuum lines, and I started to reduce them. I pulled out control box, pluged the vacuum ports but no change.

A20A1
03-12-2004, 02:00 AM
Both Manual trans and Auto have an idle diaphragm / throttle controller... if vacuum drops to the diaphragm then the Thottle & RPM increases.
So if you have a vacuum leak, it causes the diaphragm to open the throttle and when that happens the vacuum drops more becasue of increased throttle so the idle diaphragm opens even more rasing the rpms even more. I suggest you turn out the idle screw for now and make sure the throttle stop screw is not keeping the idle from dropping either. You're in romainia.. so I'm not quite sure what your vacuum diagram looks like or how the diaphragms are placed on your carb.

EGR and O2 will not raise the rpm significanlty... as in not more then 200 rpm.

there is also the possibility of a stuck throttle linkage... may want to spray some carb cleaner and lubricants. or it could be a stuck throttle cable.

AccordAerodeckEX
03-12-2004, 02:19 AM
thank you A20A1

the facts are: the choke opener have vacuum, in fact it open the choke at maximum and remain the same even after the engine got hot.

I started to remove vacuums. there is a vacuum from charcoal canister, line 19 if I remember. what should I do with it?

joebeets
03-12-2004, 03:55 AM
See if you can close the throttle manually with engine running--grab the linkage--and lower the idle. If so, then look to see what's keeping it open.