PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question..

XxDark_AccordxX
03-11-2004, 03:27 PM
hey guys,
this is probably something really simple but i dont know how to do it and i dont feel like taking it somewhere over something so small. Okay, you know how when u open the door and leave the keys in the car, the car is supposed to beep to remind u to take the keys out? like every car? well mine stopped doing that the other day. I went to checkers and asked the guy there and he said its probably just a fuse but when i was checking my manual, i couldnt find anything on changing it or any specific fuse for that. What exactly do i hafta change and where is it located?

MrBen
03-11-2004, 03:30 PM
It's probably the L shaped black switch in the door jamb. Look at the door jamb and inspect it. Does the interior light come on when you open the door? I would take it off and clean the connection on the back and then reinstall.

XxDark_AccordxX
03-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Yeah all the interior lights come on cept for the back 2 but i think they're just the bulbs

k-roy
03-11-2004, 03:35 PM
I hate those little door sensors. I swapped the rear ones with the fronts and put some new greese in them. My rear doors have had verry little use so the sensors are like new, best of all it was free.

If its not that your buzzer might be dead, its located on a panel on the bottom of the steering colum. I would go ahead and check every fust on the car for good measure. The main box is behind the battery. The other fusebox is behind the storage box by your left leg. You pull out the box and its buried back in there close to the firewall.

Good luck.

XxDark_AccordxX
03-11-2004, 03:38 PM
hm okay. i wasnt aware of the one behind the storage box. ill check that out. thanx

MrBen
03-11-2004, 03:57 PM
No by interior light I mean the dome light on the roof inside. Does that come on?

XxDark_AccordxX
03-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Oh sorry read that wrong. Yeah that one comes on just fine

MrBen
03-12-2004, 03:30 PM
When the drivers side door opens? I'm just clearing it up, because that would rule out the door switch if it does come on when the driver's side door is open. Then you would be getting yourself into fuses and seeing if the unit itself has failed.

XxDark_AccordxX
03-14-2004, 07:45 AM
Yeah that dome light comes on whenever i open any individual door.