PDA

View Full Version : got a ? bout my clutch

hblxi87
03-11-2004, 06:45 PM
I changed my clutch a few weeks ago on my 87 hb lxi and it worked great for the first couple weeks but just here in the past coulpe days i noticed its starting to slip once agian . I gave it the 500 break in miles and everything had it done by a real shop they do great work too i always go to them but i was wondering if there was adjustment for the clutch to fix this problem , i know theres a adjustment for the clutch pedal under the hood in the front of the engine or at least that what i think it is .... well any help would be great cause i really dont want to take it back to the shop agian nor do i want to buy another clutch ..

johndej
03-11-2004, 06:54 PM
yeah, there is one under the hood, its a little knob thing where the clutch cable come out (kinda under the batter). you can either try to adjust it yourself (trial and error) or have the shop you got it installed in take a look at it.

shepherd79
03-11-2004, 06:55 PM
yeah, the adjustment for the cluch under the hood. just adjust the clutch and you will be fine.

hblxi87
03-11-2004, 07:08 PM
hey s thanks guys i really didnt want to have to buy a differnt clutch already

Blue Impact
03-11-2004, 10:48 PM
hey s thanks guys i really didnt want to have to buy a differnt clutch already

Only do that if you have been trying to shift without stepping on the clutch pedal. :D Yeah, just adjust the knob. You should be fine. If that doesn't solve it then I guess it's best for you to take it back to the shop and have them check it out.

riced_roach
03-12-2004, 07:57 AM
do you have aprox 1/2 inch free play on the clutch pedal or is it tight with no play?? did the original clutch have any oil contamination?? did they replace the rear main seal?

ET2
03-12-2004, 02:02 PM
hope they resurfaced the flywheel

hblxi87
03-13-2004, 01:02 PM
when i adjusted the clutch today it took me a a hour or so but i finally got it where ther is a bit of play in the clutch about a half inch or so and doesnt slip at all now thank god but thanks for the info and i am not sure if they resurfaced the flywheel or not but i looked at my bill and it doesnt say they did . if they didnt will it hurt it any cause now that i think its adjusted right i am not having any problems with it ......

'89AccordLX(Rus)
03-13-2004, 02:36 PM
if the flywheel is not resurfaced you might get some clutch chatter and maybe a bit of a rough engagement, but it should be temporary. Resurfacing is performed in order to remove any wear cause by the old clutch disk and start with a clean slate.