PDA

View Full Version : Turn signal replacement

bugzboy85
03-11-2004, 08:39 PM
I know this is probley a silly thing to ask. but my front driver side bulb is out. and i have looked and looked. how in the world do i change it. does the whole bumper have to come off ??
thanks

k-roy
03-11-2004, 08:52 PM
Ok there are two signals, the bumper and the corner lens.
On the bumper its held in place by either 2 screws or bolts (im not sure exactly, the 88-89 is differant from the 86-87 style I have). Anyways the bolt goes in from the bottom, you might have to lay down on the ground to see it.
The corner lens is easy. Popup your headlights and on the inside of the corner lens there is a few screws that holds the cover in place.

CASH24
03-11-2004, 09:08 PM
on the 88-89 the bumper turn signal is held in by one screw. you have to take the fog light covers off and go through there to get to the screw. You might have to lay down to see where the screw is, but there should be a hole in the foam part of the bumper where you can stick a screw driver through. hope that helps

MrBen
03-11-2004, 09:28 PM
If you break it (which has happened) it is easy to take a piece of double sided foam tape and tape it back and no one will ever know. Just a backup plan.

k-roy
03-11-2004, 09:37 PM
Oh crap I just remembered its part of this:
How to remove your front bumper (http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=4532)

Blue Impact
03-11-2004, 10:41 PM
on the 88-89 the bumper turn signal is held in by one screw. you have to take the fog light covers off and go through there to get to the screw. You might have to lay down to see where the screw is, but there should be a hole in the foam part of the bumper where you can stick a screw driver through. hope that helps

After that...if you loosen the screw enough you can pull out the lense/housing. Change the bulb. Installation is the reverse. Good luck.

bugzboy85
03-12-2004, 12:37 PM
thanks yall im gonna look at it as soon as it stops raining thanks again