PDA

View Full Version : remote wire???

86ACRDLX
03-11-2004, 08:39 PM
ok, this is my first time hooking up an amp, i dont know where i am supposed to hook up the remote wire?? i know to the radio, but where??????????? and how?? or can i just find what fuse goes to the radio and hook it up direct, or will that make it stay on all the time?? please help....

k-roy
03-11-2004, 08:48 PM
The remote wire is for a remote grounding. The best way to do this is to run a cable and ground it to where the deck is grounded.

86ACRDLX
03-11-2004, 08:51 PM
i dont understand.....right now i have the power wire from the battery to the amp.......a black ground wire ground to the rear speaker deck.....then i have the rca cales hooked up...........where do i run the remote wire??? right now my amp isnt turning on, so i need to know where to put the remote wire.

k-roy
03-11-2004, 08:56 PM
Run the remote wire to where the deck is grounded underneith the dash.
I would not use the rear deck for a ground. Try using the bolt for the seatbelt.

Here is a kickass site that should answer a few questions for you.
www.the12volt.com

Brentm
03-11-2004, 08:57 PM
your amp isnt turning on because the remote turn on is what turns your amp on when the deck is turned on (it has nothing to do with being a ground) this wire is usually run from the deck to the amp with the RCA wires, it should say rem or soemthing on a little connector on the amp, If you dont know which wire on the deck is for remote turn on, check in the manual that came with the deck, and it should tell you.

86ACRDLX
03-11-2004, 08:59 PM
ok thanks, thats what i needed to know, which wire is for the remote turn on, ok ill check the manual. if i ran the wire to the amp that is for the radio would that work, or would that keep the amp on all the time???

Brentm
03-11-2004, 09:02 PM
youll only want to run the remote turn on wire to the amp, not exactly srue what would happen if it had 12v constant power running into it....and I dont really want to find out hehe....

86ACRDLX
03-11-2004, 09:04 PM
ok so i should just run the wire from the amp to the remote wire under the radio dash, and i found out which one it is by looking in the book.... ok thanks!

shepherd79
03-12-2004, 04:38 AM
if remote wire has 12V constan all the time, your amp will on al the time. which will lead to battery drain. connect one sode of the wire to the stereo (it should have remote wire, if it doesn't upgrade the stereo), and the other wire to remote wire connector on the amp. do no connect the anywhere else.

sccrsteve5
03-12-2004, 05:14 PM
i believe you can connect it to almost anything but i would look for the remote wire on the back of the HU...just to be safe

DanLXI88
03-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Run the remote wire to where the deck is grounded underneith the dash.
I would not use the rear deck for a ground. Try using the bolt for the seatbelt.

Here is a kickass site that should answer a few questions for you.
www.the12volt.com
Your Blue sometimes Blue with a white stripe is a positive wire. Do not ground it !!

tozza6
03-12-2004, 09:24 PM
for temporary operation you can run a link wire from the constant 12Volt on your amp to the remote terminal ont the amp. Just make sure you unhook it each time you turn off your car to avoid killing your battery.

copper700
03-15-2004, 03:36 PM
Where does kroy get his info??????????????????????