PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Harness Set-up

XxDark_AccordxX
03-12-2004, 12:57 PM
Well ive had my 3rd gen for about 2 1/2 years now. when i first bought it from my dad, i was told the electrical harness was all messed up cuz someone tried to install a radio and didnt know what he was doing. so i cannot have a radio or anything until i get that a new harness cuz its too messed up to rewire. i figured the main functions like the lights work so its cool to pass me by and i never worried bout it. i was checkin my fuses under the dashboard and to my surprise i found this white wire actually stuck in the fuse labeled "tail lights" so i thought, what the hell is that doing in there? lol so i took it out and wrapped it in tape like the rest of the wires down there. I drove down Peoria..a street in arizona...and it was starting to get dark and rain so i tried to turn on my headlights. they started flipping up and down like CRAZY!! and wouldnt stop. ive never seen anything like that. so i remembered that wire and stuck it back into the fuse labeled "tail lights" and now my lights are back to normal. it was just trippy. guess i gotta get that harness soon hahaha

accordlxi2.0
03-12-2004, 01:30 PM
the same happened to me with the lx, the guy striped the wire crazy, and had some other wiring to overide the amp, which needed some thing's soldered.

DanLXI88
03-12-2004, 03:12 PM
Do you think maybe the white wire is a ground wire for the pop ups ?

XxDark_AccordxX
03-12-2004, 03:16 PM
I have no idea. all i know is if its not actually placed inside the fuse (i hafta stick the wire in the socket then place the fuse on top of it) the lights go hay wire. they work but just flip up and down till i turn it off. also i have 2 clicks for my lights. the first one just flips them up and turns on the side lights, the second turns on the headlights. if the wire isnt with the fuse, the lights dont even flip up on the first click. maybe it is the ground wire but my car is so messed up electrically thats just how it works

DanLXI88
03-12-2004, 03:26 PM
I'm sure you can find a book on electrical for the car at the library. Maybe with that you could at least know some of the wires by color and what they do. I could give you some help if you wanted to wire around the stereo harness ( PM or email me ). Also do you have a switch on the dash to pop up the lights without them being on? If so does it function?

AccordEpicenter
03-12-2004, 07:04 PM
ive worked on harnesses sooo messed up that they were pieced together because they cut the wires out back in the dash and had to twist new ones in (all different colors) and it was soo bad you had to guess what was what... Its even worse when they do that with security systems because none of the wire colors are the same and many alarms do different things. I hate it when people fuck up honda electrical systems

XxDark_AccordxX
03-14-2004, 07:41 AM
.... Also do you have a switch on the dash to pop up the lights without them being on? If so does it function?

yeah from what my father told me its pretty messed up back there. The cheapest estimate i got was $2000. I really dont have that money right now. But yeah i have that switch on the dash and that does work.Its just too bad ur not in az haha. i dont have the guts to go in there cuz all the wires are just cut and massed together with tape