PDA

View Full Version : Air Suction System Ttrouble

'89AccordLX(Rus)
03-12-2004, 01:28 PM
Hello,

I searched for information regarding the Air Suction System, however didn't come up with an answer to my question. I have always thought that the air suction system was supposed to take the air from the airbox and inject it into the exhaust. On my car, the tube in the airbox spits air out constantly. It in fact pressurizes the airbox. I have disconnected the air suction valve and the car has seemed to show improvement in how it runs. The idle smoothed out and the little annoying stumble disappeared. I assume that my valve is broken and needs replacement. This also brings forth the question of how important the air suction system is and can I just leave the valve disconnected?

Thanks in advance.

A20A1
03-12-2004, 02:00 PM
yup sounds like it's bad... it should create a big vacuum when operating. I usually remove the tube from the black box and hold my finger there to check for suction.

It's good for emissions... other then that the car will run fine without it.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
03-12-2004, 04:18 PM
Thanks A20A1. The car passed emissions without the valve being connected. I hooked it up without knowing that it was broken. Since I have no emissions tests anymore, I'll just leave it disconnected and plugged.