PDA

View Full Version : no idle?....just put back just about all vac lines.......

ehulst
03-12-2004, 02:22 PM
I cant figure out why my 86 DX wont idle....i took out the vac hoses and then put them back in....except for the ones i cut....now its not ideling.....it sounds hard from 1000-3000 but after that it sounds normal....idea?

NXRacer
03-12-2004, 04:38 PM
i'd put all the vac lines back on and double check them to make sure they're all on correctly. You might also have a leak in one of them. I'm not much of a carb guy so maybe one of the guys who are could help you out a little more.

ehulst
03-12-2004, 07:04 PM
any carb guys gonna help a young fella out?

pixiesfan78
03-12-2004, 09:26 PM
my first question is did you re adjust your idle stop screw and or your air/fuel mixture screw? if not this is why your car wont idle.you have to play with it a little do a search here for finding out how to do it trust me once you get it idleing right you will be glad you riped out the vac lines everything you need to know on how to do it is in carb tech.peace.

A20A1
03-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Did you leave any open ports? It's probably a vacuum leak or a misrouted hose... did you reconnect the hoses to the base of the air cleaner? What were you doing anyways, why did you remove the vacuum hoses?, were you replacing the carb?

ehulst
03-13-2004, 08:05 AM
nah i just wanted to remove the vac hoses for more power....but i did some reasearch for my state and the do emision checks at the inspection stations....so i put the ones i didn't cut back inplace...plus i cant get my idel stop screw to move.....left/right....and when i adjust my air/fuel to the left/right it clicks and the it goes and then it clicks...

Justin86
03-13-2004, 09:09 AM
so then your still missing the hoses you cut right? then get new ones and double check you have them all hook up right.

ehulst
03-13-2004, 10:19 AM
ok so now i'm just winging it....hoping they wont check.....i got the lines off....now i'm just routin the line from the carb into the right place like they have told me on here....can i use other lines if they are the same size but a differen't # to extend to get to were i need?

A20A1
03-13-2004, 12:28 PM
well you're going to confuse yourself if you use different numbers... but you can use them... make sure you cut off like a half inch from the tip of the hose... since the ends usually dry out and expand causing the hose not to seal good.

ehulst
03-13-2004, 01:45 PM
Ok so i'm still working on gettin the wires were they are supose to be....can i still run my normal airbox cause i don't have the intake box yet...?or do i have to figure out a new plan on gettin my airbox hookd up.......but the car still isn;t starting......she revs high then dies if i don't give it gas......and most of the time a larg cloud of gas or sumthing comes out of the carb (i think) like a wastegate? would being almost on empty and normaly never going below 1/2 tank fillin have a problem with it....bad gas in other words?