PDA

View Full Version : smart headlights and dead cluster lights

night
03-13-2004, 02:00 AM
ok, my headlights go up and down randomly when they are off (although not near as much as they used to). and get this: i can turn them on, parking lights are fine. then headlights on, they come up and on fine. but turn them off and they dont go down. i have to turn the parking lights back on which makes them go down, then turn it off and they stay down O_o.

then my cluster lights died recently. dont even know when. its none of the basic stuff. im getting sick of looking at this crap, but ive been leaning towards the dimmer control box. just gotta find the damn thing.

has anyone had this crap. my prelude never had a prob with this stuff. it is an old beater, but its not been hacked up or anything. and im not sure if they are related or not. it doesnt seem like it.

Blkblurr
03-13-2004, 05:19 AM
I suspect you have a loose wire in the switch that raises your headlights. The one on the dash. If that switch is turned on and the wire is loose, it will cause the headlights to open and close when the wire touches the switch terminal. This will only happen when the headlights are off. Try flipping that switch once (turn it off) and see if it continues to happen. Let me know what you find. I'm sure the cluster lights are not related but may be the same type of problem. Loose or broken wires.

night
03-13-2004, 12:47 PM
I suspect you have a loose wire in the switch that raises your headlights. The one on the dash. If that switch is turned on and the wire is loose, it will cause the headlights to open and close when the wire touches the switch terminal. This will only happen when the headlights are off. Try flipping that switch once (turn it off) and see if it continues to happen. Let me know what you find. I'm sure the cluster lights are not related but may be the same type of problem. Loose or broken wires.

its not any switches. ive covered all the basics. where are those damn little control boxes. this dash is cramped as hell. the old lude was easy to get into.

hondamanlxi
03-13-2004, 12:52 PM
i THINK the dimmer box is mounted to the panel that covers the bottom of the dash under the steering wheel!