PDA

View Full Version : Main Relay

damnthesenames
03-13-2004, 01:19 PM
Ok, I pulled out my main relay, tested it per the Haynes manual. Everythings good. BUT I don't hear it click when I hit the ignition and my fuel pump is only getting 7 Volts, i tested thepump off the battery with a set of test leads and it works with 12 volts... ideas?

honda-ski-86
03-13-2004, 01:21 PM
i just went through sort of the same thing,, my main relay was good and so was my fuel pump, but without main power to my fuel pump it wouldnt turn on, turns out my ecu was rotted , check yoru ecu especially if you live in a winter climate becuase they are underneath the seat. just a suggestion!

MrBen
03-13-2004, 01:28 PM
Haha winter climate. Spokane is like the king of winter climates in eastern WA.

damnthesenames
03-13-2004, 02:04 PM
ECU is okay. I have already checked that... The thing is, i bought the car Dec. 1st, let it sit for 3 months, then put the head and stuff back on it. The day I bought it I did a compression test. The previous owner had loosened the bolt that holds the fuel line to the fuel rail. When I did the compression test I had fuel squirting everywhere, so I know for a fact it worked when i bought it. What else could it be? If there was a single plug not plugged in under the hood could it cause this? I have double checked everything, but stilll...

- Justin

cruznz
03-13-2004, 07:11 PM
checked voltages at the main relay plug?

Moodybluesr
03-14-2004, 05:46 AM
http://www.markl.f9.co.uk/howto/electrical/main-relay/main-relay.htm

This page should be in everybody's favorites. :D

damnthesenames
03-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Ok, I am classified as a moron :) There is a ground wire that is near all the injector harnesses. It wasn't grounded. Grounded that, and it fired RIGHT up, perfect. I had a gasket problem, but bam, what a great car :)

Thanks for your help everyone, now my girlfriend doesn't have to drive me all over Spokane :-D