PDA

View Full Version : My Project (stereo Install)

RobT5580
07-10-2002, 07:21 PM
Im now working on my stereo system since most of it was stolen out of my other accord and this is what i have so far.

Memphis St3004 For mids/highs
Two Memphis ST-300 for subs
Two Infinity Perfects 12"
Memphis 6.5's up front
Memhphis (dont remember size) in rear deck (full range)
MB Quartz 6X9's also in rear deck
Sony 10 Disc CD changer
Sony Head Unit (Upgrading soon) not bad just old

I am building a custom enclosure in my trunk every think will be mounted and finished with carpet. Im working on building a rack above the box if space permits to mount my 2 ST-300s on and going to have a plexi glass window so when the seat is down you can see the back of the subs (have to work around the rear strut bar) will have pics when done its going to be kinda like Paulies or atleast in that level of an install.

shepherd79
07-11-2002, 10:44 PM
looks like you have some work to do.
don't forget to show some pictures.

Vanilla Sky
07-12-2002, 01:36 AM
sounds like a really good setup... even with an older deck, you can still get great sound... so don't just look at age

when you get all of it done, post on how well the infinity subs are... right now i'm leaning toward vega strokers, but i'm still impressionable

Derick

RobT5580
07-14-2002, 10:55 AM
I heard 1 single Infinity perfect in a Subaru WRX and it sounded like he had a pair of subs in it. I have a good connection now so that is why i bought memphis. I could have gotten the JL Audio W7s at a very good price but i think that would be over kill for what im looking for. I wanted JL W6s but he couldnt get them any more so i will give the Infinity's a try but i liked the over all sound that i saw before. I am gonna start on it this week but its gonna take awhile to get it done because im building it all in and making a place for everything including my battery. i will have pics up when its done

TeKKnoTeKK
07-14-2002, 11:46 AM
I know you won't be disappointed with the infinities, good choice.

87DXHatch
07-14-2002, 10:00 PM
My cousin has a memphis 1100St in his '96 Mustang GT. Its pushing to RF 15's and that thing rocks the his-au! The amp is only like 6 inches by 2 inches by 12 inches too... its freaking tiny!

As for the infinity subs, they should sound real nice. If you really want top-of-the-freaking-line subs, though, just buy one Boston Pro 12 inch. Those things pound so hard and accurately that you simply cannot believe it. 50-1200 watts RMS too.

TeKKnoTeKK
07-15-2002, 11:36 AM
Last weekend I saw this guy that had 6 RF 15's in his car, it wasn't very loud tho, I wasn't impressed, not sure what kinda amperage he had. He had to rev the engine just to get enough juice to turn them up lol. My friend's ride that had 3 10's was louder I think. Sure was creazy to see that many 15's tho.