PDA

View Full Version : No AIR JET controller?

AccordAerodeckEX
03-14-2004, 01:00 PM
Is it possible that a stock carburetor have no air jet controller?

mine have no intakes for air jet controller vacuums

on front of carburetor i have only the vacuum port for secondary venturi vacuum and on back ports for line #14, #3 and #7.

what is the role of charcoal canister?

I takeed off vacuum lines but the engine won't start

shepherd79
03-14-2004, 01:43 PM
you don't need air jet controller.
can you take a picture what did you do to your carb? we can't help you unless we know and see what is wrong with current setup.
you can IM me at kengury79 or ICQ 32077395

A20A1
03-14-2004, 01:48 PM
You have the carb just like AccordEX, which doesn't have all the emissions mumbo jumbo.

AccordAerodeckEX
03-14-2004, 02:01 PM
how can I put pics here?

I will do them tomorrow

I didn't found a direct answer here for this question : removing vacuum lines will burn more fuel?

AccordAerodeckEX
03-14-2004, 02:07 PM
but I have the Accord EX !

i have som problems and I think it's time to remove the vacuum lines but I want to keep choke and secondary.

I don't think I'm stupid but it's really hard for me to follow the How to you posted here... maybe bacause of differences

A20A1
03-14-2004, 02:22 PM
Accordex is his screen name...

AccordAerodeckEX
03-14-2004, 02:42 PM
Michael,

I read your post about removing aircleaner and I decided to do it. I made myself an custom air intake, i tested but problems appear. only coincidence?

I put a post about my problem, te car have a crazy idle, with cold engine 3000rpm on start and in 1 minute raise to 4000rpm. I checked the throttle cable seems ok, but the choke door is opened at maximum... vacuum diaphragm seem ok, Throttle Control Diaphragm is ok. it may be the fast unloader problem?

shepherd79
03-14-2004, 04:09 PM
it could be the throttle is sticking. use some carb cleaner to clean throttle linkages.

I don't know why you want to remove the vacuum lines, you don't have as many as we do. so just leave them there.
when i had my old car, i just pulled all the lines. i had only one vacuum line. it had no choke, and secondary was manual. I gave that carb to one of themembers on the board and he saw a lot of performance diff. plus his gas mileage improved.

2ndgenludedude1986
03-16-2004, 02:19 PM
you do not need the air jet controller. you mite loose some gas mileage removing it however becaseu the carb is goign to run a bit rich without it. you mite want to turn the idle up a bit if you remove it.

A20A1
03-16-2004, 02:49 PM
On carbs that have the air jet controller, it adds an extra 100 or 110 to the air correction jets, which I think are 65, I forget and i don't have my box of jets to check...
I'm not quite sure if the air correction on the secondary could also be used with the primary. I mean ABC all connect to the same place, I wouldn't mind a cutaway of the controller body though.

Anywho, it's no biggie.

However one of the ports sits above the idle circuit... and both A and C are above internal ports that feed thru to the base of the carb meaning they might begin to pull more then the usual amount of vacuum when capped off... which is bad since I know adding straight manifold vacuum to the one of the letters if not all of them will suck gas out from the emulsion tubes thru the ports. But these internal ports are probably more complicated then I can see without cutting the carb body to bits.