PDA

View Full Version : check out this turbo 3rd gen on ebay

FatDave
03-14-2004, 07:57 PM
check this out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2466381927&category=6254#mainImage

BDaccordguy
03-14-2004, 08:13 PM
that car is sweet. well, sweet except for the steering wheel, but thats nothing that cant be changed.

lightbulblxi
03-14-2004, 08:14 PM
damn man, good find, that is a beautiful car.

Neuspeed87lx
03-14-2004, 09:18 PM
nice car....wish there was a little more info on the motor though

ryan88lxi
03-14-2004, 10:06 PM
i may bid on that . . .

BITESIZE
03-14-2004, 10:42 PM
i wouldn't trust the motor.....

Blue Impact
03-14-2004, 11:23 PM
HOLY SHIT!! That car's in town (according to mapquest it's only 4.44 miles (13 minutes) from my house) :D ...I'm gonna go take a look at it ASAP.

contraband
03-14-2004, 11:24 PM
YES make sure everything is perfect. I went through 6 months of hell trying to get title for the turbolude, and now I have it torn down for a rebuild! Granted with all the parts it had it was very much worth it, but try to save yourself the nightmare.

PhydeauX
03-15-2004, 07:13 AM
He hasn't sold that thing yet? Or maybe its someone else trying to move it on ebay. I think this is the 3rd time now that cars shown up on ebay.

andy

ryan88lxi
03-15-2004, 11:38 AM
i sent her (it is a woman) an email, let me show you what was discussed.

To: owner
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2004 10:02 PM
Subject: accord on ebay

> i have a few questions about your accord for auction. first, how much of
the stock engine management has been retained, or are you running on all
stock management? aside from the actual turbo and manifold, how much of the
stock car has been retained, i.e. vacuum lines, things of that nature. what
is the mileage showing on the odeometer, is the engine rebuilt, what kind
of shape is the engine in. is the bottom end rebuilt? if so, what was it
rebuilt with? is the bottom end using other than oem pistons/rods? what
compression are you running? stock bottem end 9.2:1? how much boost is the
turbo running? 4 - 8 psi? the reason why i am asking is because if i do bid
on your car, i plan to place this engine in my 88 accord that was built for
all motor and threw a rod bearing due to poor tuning. also, does it come
with stock rims/ stock steering wheel? if you are very busy dont worry
about answering this email to very much detail, to be honest, i am not 100%
interested, i would be interested if i get the answers i want from my
questions.

OK-for $12 grand into that motor i seriously doubt anything stock was
retained ,mileage on the odometer reads just over 50,xxx. i bought this car
in october from the original owner.The only thing i know that is running on
stock management is the computer-the original owner said we needed to have
it programmed to recognize the turbo -the check engine light pops on when
the turbo kicks in.Like it states in the auction i am selling this car
because it is too fast for me.(im a girl). The whole engine was built from
the ground up all brand new parts bottom end top end,new Arias
pistons,polished crank(that i swear he said was balanced) i dont know about
compression but i can have my friend run a compression check on it tonight
if youd like, the turbo is putting out 3 lbs of boost-the motor was built to
run at 12 lbs of boost. no stock rims or steering wheel.Im not the original
owner and i dont plan on putting any money into this car to sell it. The car
was built to race,the tranny was built to accommodate the motor,it has
everything there to plug in the NOS again,has allen head screws in the top
of the manifold and lines ran to the trunk for a bottle. (whew long email!)
I have only driven this car maybe 200 miles since i bought it,the motor has
maybe(MAYBE) 700 miles on it since it was built. If you need specific
specifics then i can email the original owner and get any info youd like to
know. Thanks for your interest,Sincerely,owner

$mokenB'$
03-15-2004, 12:03 PM
wow super sleeper.... very nice

ryan88lxi
03-16-2004, 09:13 PM
hey blue impact, you didnt go and check it out did you? i have emailed them about it twice, they havent answered my second much more specific email yet, thats why they extended the auction, in case the answers to my questions satisfied me and i wanted to bid on it. but if you have checked it out, lemme know!

RustyHo88
03-17-2004, 04:55 AM
That car is definetly not worth 2500 dollars. I respect the work that guy did, but that turbo set-up looks awful. I thought somone actually bid on that car last time it was on ebay. They must have been a deadbeat bidder... or maybe the guy who bought it is unhappy with it. If you're going to spend that much money on a car, spend it upgrading your own car.

Bryan
03-17-2004, 06:20 AM
Her name is buffy, that's all I have to say.

ryan88lxi
03-17-2004, 09:02 PM
well, i talked to her more about it and she answered most all of my questions in my email that i sent her. she says it has arias pistons and rods, must have been a custom job. unfortunately, she has received offers higher than i can make, so i dont think that im going to be able to take it off her hands. but if anyone else is interested, here are most of the specs, she said she was going to list them on teh ebay auction as well. enjoy!

owner: ok it has arias flat top pistons& rods with total seal rings
owner: ok
RyanEil: very good
RyanEil: flat tops wow, it must b running close to 10:1 compression
owner: the rod bearings and everything of that nature came in an arias kit with the balanced crank
RyanEil: ok very good
owner: it was built by bensons motors out of alhambra,ca
RyanEil: do they have a website
owner: running at 3 lbs of boost
owner: dont know
owner: can find out poss
owner: i can get their ## tho
RyanEil: ok, e cna worry about that later haha, sorry for interrupting
owner: motor was built to run at 12 lbs of boost(he thought that was the max the turbo could be turned up-if not then it is 10lbs) bensons will know
owner: its ok
owner: its a stock honda h22 b motor
owner: or it was stock anyways
owner: yes its been bored
RyanEil: its an a20a3!
owner: .10 over
RyanEil: thats what wasin the pictures
owner: centerforce clutch ith kevlar disk the main gearshaft is forged not cast it has top of the line german bearings in the tranny
owner: MSD electronic ignition to retard/advance the timing according to the turbo
owner: i dont know he said 22b
RyanEil: thats most certainly not correct
owner: i may call tomorrow the bensons and make sure
RyanEil: maybe he just got the codes confused
owner: could be
owner: it has reinforced springs,stock valves(he says that what runs best) with a 4 ngle grind on the valves
owner: angle oops
RyanEil: ok very good
owner: the cylinder is polished not ported
owner: not aftermarket cam its stock
RyanEil: ok cool, i have a few cams laying around i can mess with
owner: manifold not ported or polisehd either
RyanEil: ok cool, i have a ported one
RyanEil: so far so good!
owner: throttle body has not been bored he said not good to do that to the car for some reason
RyanEil: interesting, well i have one from gude performance, works for me
owner: exhaust- 1 1/4 header to collector to 2 1/4 pipe to muffler with oxygen sensor welded into the header (so it passes Ca smog)
owner: i dont know any of this :-$
owner: and for the NOS
RyanEil: 1 1/4 header, that seems awfully small, but thast alright, i also have a 2 1/2 exhaust i can put on it
owner: NOS jet hooed up runs to the trunk needs bottle plugged back in and switch on shifter hooked back up to it,it is fogger
owner: it doesnt look like 1 1/4 to me
RyanEil: well the runners could be 1 1/4, but the rest should be bigger than that
RyanEil: tahts alright though, i can get some things fabbed if need be
owner: the turbo is adjustable by hand no wastegate
RyanEil: by hand through like a manual boost controller?
owner: the size i guess is inside on the blade (??)

owner: change by pulley or turbine
owner: he told us when we bought it thsat we could change the pitch of the turbone and it would produce more hP
owner: changing pitch of the blade
RyanEil: interesting
owner: its not computer controlled -it should be that was the deal when i bought it
owner: i was supposed to send in the computer and get it programmed ($200) and i havent done it
owner: yes piggyback system on stock management
RyanEil: what kind
owner: stock computer
owner: i dunno
owner: thats all i got
owner: alot of stuff involved in this
owner: i didnt realize....
RyanEil: ok, when you said you were supposed to send in the computer, where were you going ot send it?
owner: somewhere in arizona i think i had the name and number but we have been remdeling our kitchen and its packed in our garage

88LXi68
03-17-2004, 09:11 PM
she doesnt even know what she has. Bensons is known worldwide and has a great reputation. I think you need to contact the original owner so you can get the exact details.

Vinny
03-18-2004, 05:33 AM
Theres something odd about that car, and I mean odd as in fishy. It was up on ebay like 4 different times last year by someone who's feedback was less that stellar. Why would this chick have even bought a car like that in the first place?? She also seems to know quite abit about the specifics of it, yet she bought it and then realized it was too much car for her? At 3lbs of boost??? Tellin ya something is just not right here. If she has such great offers why does she still have the car??

RobT5580
03-18-2004, 09:37 AM
I think its funny how she said its too fast at 3lbs of boost......I think there is something strange about this whole thing and i wouldnt spend $2500 on someone else's mess. If it has what she said its has its a good deal but it seems too shady and if i were building an A20A3 Turbo i would want to know exactly what it has so i could run a safe level of boost and have it be a reliable car.

FatDave
03-18-2004, 10:45 AM
i agree that car doesnt sound like what its made out to be, and i'd like to know who told her its a H22b, and wouldnt it make sence to port and polish the head on that car if you had it apart anyway and if it does have close to 10 : 1 compression wouldnt it be dangerous to run nitrous AND turbo? and has anyone heard of a place in arizona that will reprogram our computers? and wouldnt it be redundant with the "piggyback" system anyway?....maybe im glad i havent bid on this thing yet you guys might have saved me a very large mistake and another yelling at from my girlfriend :crying:

ryan88lxi
03-18-2004, 01:50 PM
well if this bensons place is known world wide, i think that it would be a decent car. i think the situation is that she doesnt know all the specifics. it would be easy for her to say something that might not be a 100 percent correct and not know. also, if i tis built like she says it is, polished crank and arias every thing, i think that it could run fine under 10:1 compression with a decent amount of boost and a small shot of nos.

HondaBoy
03-18-2004, 02:29 PM
hey, wait a minute. i saw that same 3gee on ebay last year! i thought it was gone. maybe the buyer is selling back on ebay? well, anyway, i had save the pix of that car some time ago. very cool..................... hey its says its plumbed for nos, so its probley be ran with nos. so thats a NO GO! im sure y'all have heard the stories of cars people bought that had nos and the engine crapped out on them? my friend rebuilt a del sol that happened to. nos really fucks an engine up, even worse than turbo.

88accordhb
03-18-2004, 06:45 PM
why can't i see the pic on ebay!?!?!??! ARGGG!

turbo'daccord
03-18-2004, 07:32 PM
check this out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2466381927&category=6254#mainImage

Hey thanks for putting it out there-first off i do not appreciate all the remarks!When i bought the car it did not have all the specifics that i have gotten for all of the people interested. I personally have NOT had this on ebay before!!! Ill say it TWICE! I HAVE NOT HAD THIS FOR SALE BEFORE!!!!!!! I bought it bcause i thought it was a regular honda,it said it had turbo -whooppee alot of cars have turbo. We drove 12 HOURS to pick the thing up an then was told about SOME of the stuff it had. Well we got it home and started looking into it-did not realize what we ought. I thought id drive it and see if i liked it-NOT!!!!! Too much motor for light ass honda. Why did i buy it? read my thread-i had to sell my 88LXI and i was pissed off about it so i made my husband buy this one for me. Anyways i bought a Z28 to replace it-so end of story. If you dont like it dont look at it-im not here bitchin about your cars. (OK the steering wheel is funky-ill give you that) FAT DAVE if you want to know why that stuff wasnt done -and bensons is well known then YOU call them and ask them why they didnt polish the head. Not everything in life is how YOU want it! BTW-It is sold! havent had time to take auction down FYI!

Sean
03-18-2004, 07:47 PM
ok im gonna go out on a limb here. but isnt this accordthoerys car ? sure does look like this car here http://209.151.81.66/showthread.php?t=22431 the thread and pics of his engine in the thread. http://www.imagestation.com/card/compose.html?id=4216908428&greeting=engine

these 2 headers look aweful similar. 2 similar infact. so either this car has copied accordthoerys car or somebody else built a similar car thats seems unlikely. also i remeber about 1 yr ago this particular 3g was on ebay turboed with a blown engine however. this 3g seems to come and go on ebay i think its been up for auction for auction at least 4 times i can rememeber. So im not sure i would trust anything at this point without some recipets from bensons and some serials numebrs on those parts. having been on the phone with arias recently i can assure you they havent made a set of 82.7 mm slugs for a 3g in some time. and if they did im sure they were as screwed up as the other 2 sets i got becuase there all comming from the same job number. and the damn things end up being like .050 over the top of the deck. i just tossed my last set in a spare motor about 1.5 yrs ago.

turbo'daccord
03-18-2004, 07:50 PM
Her name is buffy, that's all I have to say.

And that means WHAT?????????

ryan88lxi
03-18-2004, 07:56 PM
looks pretty different to me. the setup is a lot different, mostly the exhaust manifold. also the second link looks to be a blue car, this one was red . . . ish. also his information said he had a hatch? this one is a sedan. i duno, i could be wrong

turbo'daccord
03-18-2004, 07:59 PM
[QUOTE=Sean]ok im gonna go out on a limb here. but isnt this accordthoerys car ? sure does look like this car here http://209.151.81.66/showthread.php?t=22431 the thread and pics of his engine in the thread. http://www.imagestation.com/card/compose.html?id=4216908428&greeting=engine

these 2 headers look aweful similar. 2 similar infact. so either this car has copied accordthoerys car or somebody else built a similar car thats seems unlikely.

Well unless you live anywhere near me ASSHOLE-then you cant prove it CAN YOU? Fortunately-someone in this place DOES live in the same town as i DO! HOLY SHIT>>>> MY DIGITAL CAMERA DOES WORK!!!!!!!! Fucking MORON!

turbo'daccord
03-18-2004, 08:03 PM
ok im gonna go out on a limb here. but isnt this accordthoerys car ? sure does look like this car here http://209.151.81.66/showthread.php?t=22431 the thread and pics of his engine in the thread. http://www.imagestation.com/card/compose.html?id=4216908428&greeting=engine

these 2 headers look aweful similar. 2 similar infact. so either this car has copied accordthoerys car or somebody else built a similar car thats seems unlikely. also i remeber about 1 yr ago this particular 3g was on ebay turboed with a blown engine however. this 3g seems to come and go on ebay i think its been up for auction for auction at least 4 times i can rememeber. So im not sure i would trust anything at this point without some recipets from bensons and some serials numebrs on those parts. having been on the phone with arias recently i can assure you they havent made a set of 82.7 mm slugs for a 3g in some time. and if they did im sure they were as screwed up as the other 2 sets i got becuase there all comming from the same job number. and the damn things end up being like .050 over the top of the deck. i just tossed my last set in a spare motor about 1.5 yrs ago.

Are you colorblind & stupid too?

Sean
03-18-2004, 08:11 PM
Are you colorblind & stupid too?

do you think were really that stupid. want me to do this up in photoshop ? how about this. come clean on the detials of the car. ive personally seen it on ebay 5 times since 2002. you have any idea how long ive been on this bulliten board ? last 3 times its been up for sale the engine been blown up. now magically a $4000 engine rebuild is in the car and its for sale again. You dont think i know what a krylon rebuild looks like ? do i look stupid to you. have you been to my webstie ? was i born yesterday ? who the fuck are you. come clean already or get off this site. either way if i see you on here again attempting to blatantly rip off my friends customers and other emebers ill have your IP banned not to mention ill file a complaitn with ebay. in fact id bet in the acrhives from the last 2 yrs or so there still there threds where this car has been spotted for sale.

Try me buddy really try me.

You have no Idea what engine management is in there. i know a FMU and some crapp yinjectors.let me clue you in. 3 psi aint making power. the restriciton from that sabb turbo at 3psi is so high that your just barely making stock power. so blow me. yeah i know a sabb stage 1 turbine .48 turbine housing a/r with a .42 a/r comprssor cover and a .47 trim compressor wheel when i see one.

do us all a favor and go away.

Sean
03-18-2004, 08:16 PM
looks pretty different to me. the setup is a lot different, mostly the exhaust manifold. also the second link looks to be a blue car, this one was red . . . ish. also his information said he had a hatch? this one is a sedan. i duno, i could be wrong

yeah accord thoery has his down pipe crossing over the header primarys. either way i know this
POS has been up for sale on ebay a bunch of times. last 4 i can remeber engine was blown. this time now its got a $4000 engine in it. id definately call bensons. they wont forget boring and honing one of these blocks thats for sure.

either way if you look through the archive in the market place back into say 2002 this car has been listed a bunch of times

turbo'daccord
03-19-2004, 08:14 AM
yeah accord thoery has his down pipe crossing over the header primarys. either way i know this
POS has been up for sale on ebay a bunch of times. last 4 i can remeber engine was blown. this time now its got a $4000 engine in it. id definately call bensons. they wont forget boring and honing one of these blocks thats for sure.

either way if you look through the archive in the market place back into say 2002 this car has been listed a bunch of times

CALL BENSONS THEN .i dont give a rats ass. Ebay can come to my house and see its legit-funny how my sellers profile is 100%..i dont sell CRAP-and if youve seen it on ebay so many fucken times than youll notice that its NOT in Torrance any longer -TRY 12 HOURS away! Not to mention i have the bill of sale from the original owner & a pink slip to back myself up-go ahead and try me DUDE? You are dumb-next time get it right its BITCH!

turbo'daccord
03-19-2004, 08:18 AM
Id like to see where it was posted here before...send me a link thru my email if you can...

Vinny
03-19-2004, 08:28 AM
ask and you shall receive, it was posted look Here (http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=22198) and Here (http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=22232) Those are both during the same dates but I do know for a fact it was listed atleast 2 OTHER times on 2 DIFFERENT dates. I'll try and source them, but I'm not going to drop everything to do it. One word of advice to you though, and this comming from a 33 year old who's been doing this a VERY long time. If you are ever trying to sell something DO NOT throw attitude when people question you or try to dispell things you say. It only adds to their case and makes it look like you have something to hide. That car has a VERY bad history as did its seller on ebay. I remember specifically that his rating was less than stellar and his excuses were utter BS. I believe he had sold someone a lightspeed header then said it was "destroyed in a fire". Just misc redflag BS like that along with the description of the car. As I said before the car has a history on this board and its not a very good one. If you HAVE actually sold it I suggest you end your auction if you haven't all ready and call it a day. If you can't keep your temper tantrums and name calling under control I'm sure someone here can fix it. We treat each other with respect here and would appreciate the same in return

turbo'daccord
03-19-2004, 06:30 PM
ask and you shall receive, it was posted look Here (http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=22198) and Here (http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=22232) Those are both during the same dates but I do know for a fact it was listed atleast 2 OTHER times on 2 DIFFERENT dates. I'll try and source them, but I'm not going to drop everything to do it. One word of advice to you though, and this comming from a 33 year old who's been doing this a VERY long time. If you are ever trying to sell something DO NOT throw attitude when people question you or try to dispell things you say. It only adds to their case and makes it look like you have something to hide. That car has a VERY bad history as did its seller on ebay. I remember specifically that his rating was less than stellar and his excuses were utter BS. I believe he had sold someone a lightspeed header then said it was "destroyed in a fire". Just misc redflag BS like that along with the description of the car. As I said before the car has a history on this board and its not a very good one. If you HAVE actually sold it I suggest you end your auction if you haven't all ready and call it a day. If you can't keep your temper tantrums and name calling under control I'm sure someone here can fix it. We treat each other with respect here and would appreciate the same in return

Whats funny is you think im a kid...why do you think im trying to sell it? I have kids almost half your age! Like i said in a previous post..when i bought it off ebay there wasnt really a whole lot of info on the car (and as everyone else did-i had a hard time getting ahold of the guy) Anyhow,my husband and i drove about 12 hours to pick it up,then find out all the crap that was done to it. It sat here for two weeks,then the first time i got to drive it i knew immediately i didnt like it. Maybe its just me,but for a honda (and this one is my 3rd sedan,also had 2 of those cvcc things) this thing has too much HP to the front wheels. Smart me went to pass my husband going own a 2 lane road,didnt think much of it the front end busted loose and took off to the right and damn near wiped out our brand new powerstroke! That was IT for me. Made him go and buy me a 30th Ann. Z28 and now here i am trying to get rid of this honda that my son wants and i think NOT. As far as respect goes im not apologizing for anything said. I appreciate the link you provided for me though. I did not realize that this car was on ebay for that long i found it in october and thought it was a clean car,,like i said not knowing much else. Did i get a rude awakening. Ill end it with this-you can say what you want about myself and the car that you all think isnt all that. None of you bought it,none of you know what it can and cant do. All im saying is the car isnt for me im too old for this shit. (v8 you say?? whole different story) As you could see from my auction-i didnt really know a whole lot about it until the other night. Oh and for whoever posted the stuff about Arias not making a kit-go to summit racing theyll make any kit you want! I had an arias motor i just sold and it was arias hat to pan! (also was not a 4 cyl,,,,it was 396 BBC) THATS what i know....CHEVY! Thanks again for the link, a little more insight thats all.

AccordEpicenter
03-19-2004, 08:15 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/positive.jpg

FatDave
03-19-2004, 11:29 PM
good lord what did i start....all i have to say is thank you guys for helping me not make a HUGE mistake

POS carb
03-20-2004, 01:07 PM
if you spend 12 grand on an UGLY turbo like that and the assholes (who don't even know the block code) left a stock cam and compression on it then WTF was the point? 2psi?

A20A1
03-20-2004, 02:08 PM
I agree that the setups look simmilar but they are also very different... so probably not the same car.

If you sold it already... how can E-bay come to your house and see that it's legit???

LOL... we go from turboed accord for sale to Domestic Vs Import... "V8" "CHEVY!"

You sold the car, you have your Z28... do you have another reason to stick around?
If you want to stay I suggest you tone down a bit... I'm not a mod in this section but I would hand out a warning for one of your previous posts.

lightbulblxi
03-20-2004, 02:25 PM
originally posted by Sean
do you think were really that stupid. want me to do this up in photoshop ? how about this. come clean on the detials of the car. ive personally seen it on ebay 5 times since 2002. you have any idea how long ive been on this bulliten board ? last 3 times its been up for sale the engine been blown up. now magically a $4000 engine rebuild is in the car and its for sale again. You dont think i know what a krylon rebuild looks like ? do i look stupid to you. have you been to my webstie ? was i born yesterday ? who the fuck are you. come clean already or get off this site. either way if i see you on here again attempting to blatantly rip off my friends customers and other emebers ill have your IP banned not to mention ill file a complaitn with ebay. in fact id bet in the acrhives from the last 2 yrs or so there still there threds where this car has been spotted for sale.

Try me buddy really try me.

You have no Idea what engine management is in there. i know a FMU and some crapp yinjectors.let me clue you in. 3 psi aint making power. the restriciton from that sabb turbo at 3psi is so high that your just barely making stock power. so blow me. yeah i know a sabb stage 1 turbine .48 turbine housing a/r with a .42 a/r comprssor cover and a .47 trim compressor wheel when i see one.

do us all a favor and go away.

:owned: haha, that made my day.

Blue Impact
03-21-2004, 10:22 PM
I haven't had a chance to go check it out yet. I called once and tried setting up a time, but there is no working time for me cuz I have school from the morning to afternoon and then I work from afternoon to night time. It's just so hard to set a time.

...and guys, be nice. I spoke with her over the phone and she sounds like a nice lady...

87AccordsterLx
03-22-2004, 07:29 AM
Well well... isn't this an interesting thread. :rolleyes:

As interesting as it is... it is even more so POINTLESS! If she supposedly sold it then there is nothing more to discuss here. I would have left this thread open if there wasn't so much childish bickering and name calling involved. If anyone can possibably think of a reason to keep this thread going feel free to PM me and we can discuss it.